Housing Help!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cocoa_Bella

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot but I was wondering if anyone had some housing suggestions for me? My mini rex Cocoa has grown quite quickly and she doesnt have enough running room in her cage anymore. Bella the netherland dwarf has grown alittle but not much. They like to play tag and its hard because the floor space is limited.

Ive been noticing that alot of you do NIC cages? Could someone explain that to me and where I can get the necessary tools to do this?

Thanks so much!

- Char

Hey Char, I see you are TO. You can get the grids at Walmart, some Home Depots, some Zellars, I've also seen them at Super Centers.

I know their is a blog on here somewhere that explains and shows lots of pictures, not sure what section though.

We've built 3 very large cages for 4 of our Bunnies. Two of them have 2 cages in their room (long story). They are quite simple to make, I would suggest you have someone help you as they are quite flimsy until they are actually together.

Susan:)

Cocoa_Bella wrote:
I've been noticing that alot of you do NIC cages? Could someone explain that to me and where I can get the necessary tools to do this?
SOOOSKA wrote:
I know their is a blog on here somewhere that explains and shows lots of pictures, not sure what section though.

it's in the library, under Rabbit 101. here's the link. i didn't know about NIC cages when i got my bunny and his cage is super, but a lot of people do them. they're great because you can go up if you're strapped for space. another option is pens, either on their own or with the cage attached to it or in it. here's a link with some info.

hope that helps!

Anna

EDIT: Thanks for posting the link for the tutorial, Anna. :) That's the one I was trying to look for.

Hi Char,

I moved this to Nutrition and Behaviour. (Maybe I should change the name to Nutrition, Behaviour and Housing). ;)

Here are a few examples. (Warning, this is a BIG thread, tons of pics).

PHOTO PHILE: NIC Cages Only
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=15348&forum_id=1

There are other newer threads, but our search engine isn't working for me at the moment!

sas :bunnydance:

Hi Pipp =)

No problem, sorry you had to move it! I didnt mean to make extra work for you. Thanks for all the links! I've been looking at all the images and reading all the instructions. I wish we hadnt spent 300 dollars on a stupid pet store cage. The girl said she had lots of rabbits and that this cage was the best one and blah blah. I wish I had known about NIC before now. UGH.

BUT, I know now so Im going to go forwards with this and my hubby and I are going to build a beautiful condo for the girls =)

Zellers and London Drugs have the grids on sale. I think for about $12 for a 3 cubes set (about 13 grids). I don't know if they are on sale in Toronto, so you should check. You will probably need 3-4 boxes to build a decent sized cages.

Hi Char,

Can you return the cage you bought to the store? Tell them the sales clerk gave you misinformed info, stating that the cage is big enough for 2 rabbits which you can tell them it definitely isn't big enough.

If they give you a hard time ask to speak with the Manager and if that doesn't help ask for the President of the Company name and email address and contact them. Hey it doesn't hurt to try.

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back