houseplants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batbunny

Reaction score
Well...im just wondering if anyone knows where ican find some info on which houseplants are bad for buns? i have a fewthat i keep up but now that my boy is getting older, hes getting morecurious. and apparently, more muscle tone-today he jumped onto the topof a bookshelf 4 feet from the groud! :?crazy rabbit...anyfeedback would be appreciated! thanks!

Jack in the Pulpit, Mildweed, Boxwood, OrientalBittersweet, Poison Hemlock, Lily of the Valley, Toadstools, JimsonWeed, Delphinium, Foxglove,English ivy, Mountain Laurel,Lantana,Lupine,daffodil, Oleander, Azalea,Black-eyed Susan, BlackLocust, Buttercup, Castor Bean, Sumac, American Elder, Nighshade,Birdof Paradise,Yew, Arrowgrass, Burdock, Water Hemlock, Mesquite, Tarweed,Horehound, Poppy, Bracken Fern,Johnson Grass, Miner's Lettuce, Buckeye,Broomweed, Chinaberry, Goldenrod, Larkspur, and Oak arecautioned to stay away from in Rabbits FOR DUMMIES by AudreyPavia(2003) and LOP RABBITS as pets by SandyCrook(1986).

Buck

Buck Jones wrote:
LOP RABBITS as pets by Sandy Crook(1986).

Buck
That's one of my favorite books! I think the owner of *any*breed of rabbit will benefit from the information in the book, whetherthey own lops or not.

Pam

Yes, she wrote clearly and well, and wasnot afraid to give the reader "folksy" advice andsuggestions. You knew she had rabbits and lovedthem. Some of the many, but less interesting books could'vebeen written from an oldencyclopedia, they are so dry andperfunctory.

And then there are the notorious T.F. H. Publications, Inc. epitomes,that "seem" to number in the hundreds, are often contradictory andmis-informative, and are written to appeal to six year oldmorons. :p I often wonder where thisoutfit got all those people to write some of those awful books, and Imust have almost everyone of them, for I buy them now, as a joke,whenever I find them at yard sales, flea markets, used book stores andthe like.

One of these days, as another roundtuit, I must visit theNeptune City, NJ address given by T.F.H. Publications which is notterribly far from my location, just to see what this place looks(ed)like. I can't tell you how many times I have thought thethought, but haven't gotten a round to it, yet.

Buck

thanks buck! ill have to check that book out.another question-also in reference to houseplants...are there any thatare especially good for them?maybe some kind of miniindoorherb garden for them to eat & play in? i livein an apartment & although i can take him outside-all there isfor him to eat is grass, weeds and bugs.:)

aww thanks guys! after reading thatlist, im relieved to see that aloe isnt on it, because batman reallythinks he IS batman & somehow got onto the shelf that my plantis on! (its like 4 feet in the air! i dont know how he does it!) imstill wondering if there are any that would be healthy for him,itd be nice for him to be able to dig & nibble at the sametime. probably some little herb plants im guessing.

Latest posts

Back