Hotels

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marietta

Reaction score
My bunny is an only child. Sometimes I think that I'd love to have more than one buns, but my main problem (other than lack ofasecondbunny-proofedroom in my apartment) is that, when I go on vacation, I have to take Vitto with me, because I have nobody to leave him.To tell you the truth, even if I had a friend that would know of how to take care of rabbits and would be willing to pet sit, I guess I'd still couldn't be separated from Vitto, I just can't let 2 or 3weeks go by without seeing him. And, in any case,I'd never be calm that he's okay health-wise, if I couldn't check on him every day, especially with thisinherited delicate GI tract of his.

Anyway, for these reasons I always take my bunny with me whenever on vacation. I've done this for 7 years now (also with my previous bun), on summer and winter destinations, I've gone to a lot of different places and never had a problem with hotels. As long as its a bunny and not a dog, they basically laugh and say that it's okay to bring him in the room (I think they believe I'm eccentric -to say the least- because I'm sure I'mthe only person in Greecewho shows up in hotels with a bunny at hand!!! You should see the stares I get from other guests!). Most of the timesI book a2-room bungalow with an enclosed veranda, so that my Vitto can have a lot of safe space to roam and also because of the privacy a bungalow has, contrary to a hotel room. However, it is understandable that if I carried two, three or more travel carriers with rabbits, the hotel would definitely not allow me to keep them in the room (let alone that, with theluggage and everything, more than one carriers do not fit in my car).

So, I wanted to ask you, members who don't have somebody to pet sit when you leave on vacation or don't go to a summer house ofyour own but to a hotel, what do you do with more than one bunnies?

Thanks / Marietta

I don't know anything about hotels, but if the buns were bonded, then you could just put them both in the same carrier, which might add a different spin to it. Just a thought :)

PS, I don't know why it spasmed and did stupid posts, sorry.

We've got too many buns to take....either with us, or to somewhere else to stay.

Our 8 buns stay at home and someone stays with them, or we have someone come in to care for them on a daily basis.

JimD wrote:
Flashy wrote:
PS, I don't know why it spasmed and did stupid posts, sorry.

I fixed it for you.:biggrin2:

Don't know why it did it, but it's been doing that a lot recently.

~Jim
Thanks Jim :)

Latest posts

Back