Hot weather

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I dont know what else to do to keep myrabbits cool. I have endless water and food shad and a fan. They justkeep getten real hot and it looks like they are going to die at thatmoment and i just dont know what to do. Please help!

There is a thread called Cooling a RAbbit at the top of the forum and it has a lot of ways to keep rabbits cool.

Fill 2L pop bottles with water and freeze them and give thoseto your bunns. Wipe their ears down with cool water. Add ice cubes totheir water bowls or crushed ice to their water bottles. Wet towels andput them in the freezer, when frozen give them to the bunns to lay on.Bring them into somewhere cooler. Lightly Spritz them with cool waterbut just a mist.

Tina

I have One Rabbitin the Barn who lovesthose freezer packs that are made forIce chests , the Big blue ones, Now She doesnt chew on itat all so be sure tocheck constantly so they arenot chewing on them , She loves to layher chubby tummy flat on thesurface when itsreally hotinthe garage . You can try oneof those also but as Isaid watch them closely ,Forthe ones I dont trust to chewon those packs I givefrozen 2 ltr bottles of Ice ,they love it , they will scratch ,dig nudge flop downbeside and play sillygames with the bottles , Iwould try them before theIce packs I also havethe small Icy bottles for thesmaller breeds , for them I usecoke or water bottlesfilled and frozen . keep inmind hte smaller the bottle the moretimes it will need to be replaced. hope this helps .

How are the rabbits now? How many do youhave? is it alot? you may want to keep extra frozen botles in thefreezer to switch out when the others thaw.

Tina

I take old jeans, cut them into shorts, then dipthem in water and fold them in half and give them to the bunnies. Theystay wet almost all day, unless it is over 100 degrees. The bunnies layon the pantlegs, or under them, etc and it keeps them WAY cool . . . Ilike it better than frozen bottles.

I also have several misters going in my yard and then 3 misters on a big industrial fan and that keeps the buns okay . . .

Qadoshyah

Well i have tried all ideas but it realy isntworking i mean down here its either humid or over 100 degress. One ofmy other females isnt looking well either i think she had a minorstroke her ear is all the way down and her eye is all well if you havecats and if they have had a stroke you kind of know what i mean imscared that they are going to die because of the heat and its realyscarring me to think another one of my rabbits will die! I dont no whatto do. I dont want to loose another rabbit. I love them and thats whati enjoy coming home from work to you know!

Thanks for comments well this is how its going for now I will give more info later.

It sounds like you are going to have to get them in out of the heat.

You also need to get them to the vet. I can't tell alot fromwhat you are describing but they really need to see the vet.

I'm sorry they are not doing well. Please keep us posted.

Tina

Tina is right - I'm not that far from Banderaand its been HOT HOT HOT here....these animals must get OUT of the heatat least during the daytime hours...

Peg

I think temperatures over 90 are a reason for concern. How are the buns today?

Back