HOT!!! HUMID!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amberelizabeth

Reaction score
a little venting :biggrin2:

It's SO hot in illinois....and its SO humid. I think I could handle the heat, if it wasn't so humid, that's the worst. Every day for the past week it has been 90+ degrees, and don't forget that means like 100 degrees w/ the heat index :(It really has been miserable.

Oh and to make it worse my house doesn't have air conditioning!!! ahhh!! I feel bad for Layla, but she has a fan and frozen water bottles on her all day, so hopefully that helps. At least I get to be in air conditioning all day (while at work) but when I come home I instantly sweat. Sleeping is IMPOSSIBLE!!!

I just want fall, its really my favorite season, that and winter :Dbut I only like winter during the month of December when there is lots of christmas spirit!

well that's my :twocentsthanks for listening!

I feel your pain and your heat. It's running about 103 here EVERY day and quite frankly I've had enough. The humidity is prolly so high that it doesn't even register. Heat index running between 105-110. Air conditioners are working double time and still doesn't seem to be cool enough in the house.
My Buns are inside and I have a ceiling fan on, the air runnning, and now in the afternoons have to put extra fans and frozen water bottles out.
The heat is making everyone irritable, frustrated and just drained.
I'm not usually one for really cold weather, but I swear Alaska is looking better by the degree. I've just had enough.
hmph. :X

~Sealy
* who is melting*

I know, it's been terrible. I haven't been able to take the buns out in their pen because of this. It's like a sauna out everyday and the evenings aren't any better because of the humidity, yuck.:grumpy:

Sealy wrote:
I'm not usually one for really cold weather, but I swear Alaska is looking better by the degree.

Alaska summer is pretty nice either 50s-60s and rainy or 60s-70s sunny. But thee winter is deadly and trust me that if you don't like cold weather you won't like it here. It stays below freezing from october-november to april-may :p

We're melting here in Pennsylvania, too...blasted global warming! Who are the fools that say it doesn't exist? :shame

My poor bunnies get carted all over. They spend November-April in a spare bedroom, then move to our screen porch for May-October...but when we move into heatwave time they are shipped down to the basement where it is cooler. Good thing they all seem to adjust well to the changes. I have cages and NIC playpens EVERYWHERE!

We don't have airconditioning, either. Well, this year we finally gave in and purchased a window unit for our bedroom. Still, I don't think the 3 bunnies and 10 cats would all fit in there with us. We will probably buy a second unit for the spare bedroom/bunny room next year.

I used to love autumn most because of the beautiful colors. Now I love it for the break in humidity!

(Gee, I can hardly wait until menopause when the heat flashes start. :hiding:)

-Mary Ellen

I despise cold weather, really cold. But, I used to be able to deal with this hot and humid stuff as we didn't have a/c growing up and our bedrooms were upstairs. But now that I'm older, I can't take it. I drains me and gives me a headache. Thank god we have a/c for the bunnies, that would not be good.

I really feel for you guys without a/c. Hopefully this is over soon;).

It's not humid here and it had been prety nice for the last week, high 80's low 90's.

That all ended today when it got to 108.

Not cool, so not cool. :X

Bunnicula wrote:
(Gee, I can hardly wait until menopause when the heat flashes start. :hiding:)

-Mary Ellen

trust me i think i'm already going through menopause and i'm only 21! hahaha.

it's actually not too bad today, it thunderstormed this morning so it cooled things down, and i'm GRATEFUL! just take away the humidity and i'm super happy :biggrin2:

It's 106 here today andcrazy humid. It's been over 100 for at least a week and there's no sign of a break.

Last Friday when I got home, the power had been off for two hours and it took another two to get it back on. It was horrible.

Three people have died here in the last week from the heat, and they were inside their homes, not out in the sun.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/local/article/0,2845,MCA_25340_5671698,00.html

It's not any better in Nebraska either. Heat I can handle but humidity...that's another story. My 4 month old doesnt think too much of it either.

The storms yesterday and last night helped cool things off some. It's pretty overcast today. I'm not sure if it'll rain or not today - I'm supposing it will.

I can walk by my sliding glass door and see the grass getting greener outside. It's been so hot everything is baked brown, but maybe this reprieve will help out some.

Latest posts

Back