Horse treats

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjy

Reaction score
Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone else gives their bunnies horse treats. My bunny Perrywinkle really loves them. I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do, but after doing a little research, I found out that bunnies and horses have avery similar digestive system, so I figured it would be OK. It also turns out that horse treats are a lot cheaper then bunny treats ( for some reason) and there is quite a large variety.

Take care; Gloria

I give Sparky and Scooter Mrs. Pastures Horse Cookies as a very occasional treat. They get a 1/2 cookie each about once every two weeks. They go nuts for them!

24o3bs0.jpg

At our favorite Pet Supply Shop (G&E Pharmacy), I get these horse treats that come in different flavors. I used the Canadian dollar, and quarter to show the size of them.

The firstbag is ground barley, crushed apples, crushed carrots, alfalfa, wheat germ, molasses and oats.
The second bag is oats, ground barley, peppermint, brown sugar, and cinnamon.

Bebe will grab it so fast from you and run to the safest place for her to gobble it down. :D Of course it is a treat and she gets one every other day.

SOOOSKA wrote:
Hey Stan do they come in smaller bags? I wouldn't even where to look for them around here.

They only had it in the one size (1 lb) with about 40 treats per bag. I have been able to split some up and give them to Luvabun.

Thereare other companies that make horse treats, and any horse supplies store should carry them. Just check the ingredients before buying a bag.

Latest posts

Back