Horse Stall Pellets for Litter?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats exactly what I use!

I use it for Ellie and for the cats, so I dump the litter boxes every other day. One bag lasts me about a month, month and a half. A little goes a long way with this litter. I use a thin layer and it absorbs everything and it doesn't smell.
I can go about 4 days before starting to smell anything from the rabbit. The cat box is like 2 days.

The price of them is great too!

We use this also for our rabbits. We also get PDZ from Tractor Supply and use it to help absorb the pee. Between the two it helps keep the smell down.

I use them as well although on top of a thin layer of those I place a thin layer of kiln dried pine shavings for the buns comfort and to keep them off of any wetness.

I agree with Morgan, they do a great job of odor control and are very absorbent. Thumper drinks a lot and so he pees a lot but it soaks it all up. I do usually change Thumpers litter box everyday but it has gone a little longer and still no problem. For a smaller bun or larger litter box it works even better.

I started using those a few weeks ago after using Carefresh for the first six or seven months of having rabbits. I noticed the Carefresh was not controlling odors very well and I was getting tired how how expensive it is compared to the horse stall pellets. I have a Tractor Supply close to my house so it's very convenient for me to pick them up. They seem to be working well. They do create sawdust from the pee, but only one of my rabbits seems to make a mess with it so I can live with that for the great price.

Yes, we use it in the areas of the pans where the rabbits pee, very lightly. It and the wood pellets really help with the smell. We found out about this stuff when we had goats and decided it would be good for our rabbits, too. Our rabbits can't get to what's in the litter box so we don't have to worry about them trying to eat the PDZ or pellets.

Ive uses that, wood stove pellets and just last week cat pine pellets from Petco. To me they all looked the same, worked the same but all had different costs. For myself I stick with the wood stove pellets but seeing as how the winter here has been brutal and there's a shortage for the stuff Ive been forced to buy the more expensive products.

I think they would be okay for litter boxes, but definitely not for bedding. I used them once for my 12 pound boy, Clarence, and all they did was create wet dust that made the while place stink.

Latest posts

Back