Hormones have arrived!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toyabrooke

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since I last posted, and Horatio and I have fully bonded. He grooms me all the time, always looks for my attention when I am near by, never bites me or anything close to it and we adore each other. He is a little angle in disguise and the best thing that has happened to our fiance and I.

So far he has chined a few things, but he is almost 4 months old so his neuter is scheduled for some time next week. Tonight though for the first time ever, he took his love to the next level and made love to my arm! I wasn't sure what to do... he wasn't aggressive but very much wanted to make babies with it so I pulled my arm away a bit but he just held it tighter. It didn't last long, and I thought if I was more aggressive about pulling my arm away he might be offended. He then circled me over and over thumping and licking me trying to court me. It was quite flattering, but I didn't put my hands on the grond so he didn't have a long arm to grab onto. He groomed me and I pet him and gave him some veggies for the first time, and he went back to normal.

He seems totally fine and didn't even bite me once. He was very gentle :p But I'm not sure what to do now until he is fixed. Should I pull away if he tries again?

Any advice would be great!

I don't know, but it'll be for such a short time it won't matter what you do. He'll probably start trying to hump your leg, but you can outrun him. I wouldn't worry about offending him. His mind isn't really working; it's all the hormones.

Hahaha thank you for the advice! :p He's still such a sweetie so I'm not too worried with him becoming aggressive. And surely because we have bonded so much he would never hurt me on purpose like my Poe has done many times? What do people do with males that don't get fixed? Does it just go away or do they get them toys or something to direct their... affection too?

Thanks again for the tips. Never had such a 'loving' bunny before! :p

Derby just turned 17 weeks and is in the middle of teenager horomones. His vet doesn't want to neuter him until he is 5-6 months. He has several stuffed animals that he molests on a regular basis. This week his favorites are a very small fluffy dog that looks alot like a lion head rabbit and a tiger. Last week it was a very large flemish giant appearing rabbit stuffy. He is not fussy, just as long as they don't run away. lol He has started to spray this week, which is really annoying, but will shampoo the carpet in our room once he is done. I agree that there is very little that will offend them, it is all about the horomones.

I have tried a big bunny toy but he just doesn't seem to like it :( He was fine this morning though - Keen for nose rubs and cuddles but not keen enough to hump me which was lovely. My mums new baby bunny has started spraying to the point where she can't let him out of his pen anymore! We can't believe how each bunny is so different with their hormones. Our first ever bunny Dudley didn't show any signs of the teenage years at all and we thought that was normal! Oh how we learned... :p

Also, when I cuddle him to my chest in my lap he has started digging at my shirt and nipping it. He doesn't hurt me or seem aggressive, he just seems to like to dig at it. Dudley does this when he wants to get down, but Ray will stay in your arms and still grind his teeth while I pet him him and then groom me after he digs at me! Is this a hormone thing too? It doesn't hurt so I'm not worried, just curious.

Thanks again everyone!

Latest posts

Back