Hormonal behavior in male rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunny34422

Reaction score
So I know when babies reach puberty, the dreaded hormonal behavior often begins, especially with males. I like to keep Timothy's room clean so I was preparing for the worst when he was around 4-6 months old, but so far.. nothing. He uses his litterbox 90% of the time, haven't seen him hump or spray at all, he does circle me sometimes and maybe a pee accident here and there but that's about it. Did I get lucky with this guy? lol

He's 8 months old now, getting neutered on Thursday so hopefully it all goes well and his behavior stays the same haha. I've learned they can get a hormone surge post-op which can take up to 8 weeks to settle, you think there's a chance he'll start acting up then?

What a gentleman! I didn't really notice any real behavior changes in my buns after the spay (although I only met Foxwell right after his neuter) I didn't see any hormone spikes or anything like that. He was a total nut, not hormonal, just the physical form of constant movement. I don't even think he slept the first week, but he's calmed down a lot since.

There's always a chance and others likely have different experiences, but neutering tends to reduce bad behavior. He might behave a little differently the first week or so after, but Willa was super low-key after her spay, so it was different but not bad.

Congrats on the neuter and on having such a delightful boy!

Back