Hope Kids

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myia09

Reaction score
For all that don't know, my brother is autistic and terminally ill. He has Evan's Syndrome, a rare blood disease.

We have started participating in wonderful organization called Hope Kids..it is like Make A Wish but better (and yes, Julius did have a make a wish)

They give us tickets and places to go out to. It is really great. All sorts of events and activities. It really gives the children something to look forward to, which is the entire point.

However, yesterday we went to Firebird Raceway, and found out one of the families in the organization child has passed away. He had cancer. He was only 6.

It is hard hearing the word "Terminal." Every one thinks there is "Hope" but there is only "Hope for a little while."

I just want to tell everyone to hug your children, your siblings, your parents for me. It's hard knowing that a fellow family lost their child in this battle against this word "Terminal" and "Time."

http://www.hopekids.org/

There is a site called Caringbridge.org that you might want to check out. It's basically been set up for families dealing with illness or other health issues to keep family and friends updated without having to make a million phone calls.

I know of several kids that are on there and they say they receive alot of encouragement and prayer and that often it helps. Maybe your family will find this helpful :)

nermal71 wrote:
There is a site called Caringbridge.org that you might want to check out. It's basically been set up for families dealing with illness or other health issues to keep family and friends updated without having to make a million phone calls.

I know of several kids that are on there and they say they receive alot of encouragement and prayer and that often it helps. Maybe your family will find this helpful :)
I've followed a number of children on Caringbridge. It's a great resource to keep family updated and connect with others undergoing the same ordeal.

I follow a local girl who was in a car accident and also several little ones who have cancer that need all the care they can get. There are even ways to send the kids cards through the regular mail.

If you don't mind I am going to add your brother to the kids that I keep up with and pray for. He looks like he's a very sweet little boy.

Back