Hooting?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katnanw

Reaction score
Hi again =) sorry for not posting in ages, like I've said before. I have school >.<

Anyway, a lil background info before I proceed.
I've recently adopted this lovely 4year old Netherland Dwarf and named if Chestnut. He was in a terrible state of neglect in his previous home (his litter box had fungus growing in them, probably not changed in FOREVER.) it was horrible and I couldn't wait to get him out of the house fast enough. The owner told me he won't eat hay, but that's because she's been force feeding him Orchard Grass when he really loves Timothy, stems and all. His nails were long and over grown, and he walks with a limp. My heart literally broke and I brought him to the vet's immediately. Thankfully she pronounced him healthy, but slightly overweight due to his diet of UNLIMITED PELLETS. Alfalfa pellets. Oh my goodness. She trimmed his nails (they were THICK AND ROCK HARD) and said his leg was broken due to slipping and sliding on the (marble? ceramic? I don't know.) floors. It'll take a month to heal but he'll never be able to walk properly again because it happened OVER A YEAR AGO. My poor baby :(

Anyway, I realized that he likes to make hooting noises. Yeah, like an owl. He's sterilized, so it's definetly not the hormones (my two other rabbits are boys too, so....0.0) I brought him back to the vet - he doesn't have a heart problem or any health problem at all (except his weight.)
She doesn't know why he's hooting either .

Does anyone here have the same problem? Maybe he's just homesick? :?

I agree with Alma; it sounds like he's finally hooting for joy at being some place safe and healthy! Good job! :big kiss:

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
Fraggles "hoots" when we pet her. Its cause she loves us.

Really? Both my boys don't do that >.> they've been with me for only 3 months though haha . Chestnut is the only bunny out of the three who hoots. I just got him but whatever, its Cute :D

Ooooh I love bunny hoots. Harvey hoots sometimes when he's running around. It's the only way I'll hear him coming, otherwise he's a ninja bun.

Oh he also does this weird hoot/squeek when he eats his oats. He loves his oats.

Latest posts

Back