Honking and Oinking

Discussion in 'General Rabbit Discussion' started by BinkyRabbit33, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Mar 27, 2007 #1

BinkyRabbit33

BinkyRabbit33

BinkyRabbit33

Binky makes soft oinking or honking noises whenshe is out of her cage and running by me. From the bunny 101 section Iread that this sound means that the rabbit is ready to bespayed...:shock: Can that be true with Binky, shes a littleover 2 months! What do you guys think?

2. Mar 27, 2007 #2

Spring

Spring

Spring

Both my girls do this. I find they do it whenthey are curious about something and going to explore, but that's justwith my girls. If I have my head down on the floor they'll usually comeover and I can hear that sound. They also run past each other makingthat sound.

3. Mar 27, 2007 #3

BinkyRabbit33

BinkyRabbit33

BinkyRabbit33

Yeah she seems to do it when she is happy, expecially when i lay down i hear this sound.

4. Mar 27, 2007 #4

~BunBuns~

~BunBuns~

~BunBuns~

shes probably excited.

5. Mar 27, 2007 #5

ec

ec

ec

My bunny - spayed and about a year old - makes agrr-honking/oinking sound when she's all excited about playing, also asa greeting. I bet Binky is just making a "happy noise" - some bunniesdo, even after spay/neuter.

Check out the sound clip on this page: http://members.aol.com/bunster2/carla.htm

BTW, Binky is *very* cute. :)

6. Mar 27, 2007 #6

BinkyRabbit33

BinkyRabbit33

BinkyRabbit33

Thanks for the replies, and ec, Binky says thankyou! :bunnydance: That sound thing on the site, itsounds nothing like what Binky does :shock:That site soundslike a turkey :D
    Binky makes a sound that sounds like soft pig oinks, but nothing like that site. :dunno

7. Mar 27, 2007 #7

ec

ec

ec

It's an oinky-type sound made by an adult bunny (Simon).

i haven't been able to find any clips of the kind of sound we've beentalking about, and think I might just have to record some myself. ;)Nibbles' really sounds like a grr-honk/oink, though I've actually heardher squawk like a chicken, make little chirping sounds (onlyonce) and cry very, very quietly.

8. Mar 27, 2007 #8

BinkyRabbit33

BinkyRabbit33

BinkyRabbit33

Ohh ok thanks. That site i saw earlierjust threw me off for a bit, saying that if you hear oinks it meansthat they should be fixed. I guess it just wasn't 100% right.

The only sounds I've heard from Binky are oinks, soft tooth grinds, grunts, and a whimper.

9. Mar 27, 2007 #9

ec

ec

ec

Well, if/when she's oinking/honking *and* running in circles around your feet, you can be pretty sure that she's ready... ;)

Some bunnies are very talkative, others aren't. I love hearing mine make her little happy sounds!