Honey

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onnie

Reaction score
Hi all'i'm still a little worried about Honeyhe's still passing loose small stuck together poops that smell.It'sbeen 4 weeks now since he was nuetered'i don't think it's all the timehe 's passing poops like this as i hav'nt noticed thay many in thecage.Today he's outside in the run and there's quite a few of theseunusual looking poo's.He seem's to be happy enough'his diet isSuperExcel pellet's'hay'lot's of grass and a small amount of fruit andveg about once a week.He is 18 weeks old.Any idea's people do u thinkhis diet might b to rich'or am i doing something wrong.Thanks:ponder:

Sounds like those are ceytropes ( I know I speltthat wrong =p ) The poos a bunny usually eats to get the most nutritionout of the food.

My unnuetered Flemmy Anubis leaves those around as a marker when he is hopping through the house.

Could be too rich of a diet

Are they small and bunched together rather like a bunch of tiny grapes?

Those are cecotropes!

If he is leaving them out around the house, it is a good possibility that he is marking territory (since they are so smelly)

if there is an abundance of them in the cage, then he is probablygetting too much protein in his diet and lets those go to waste sincehe doesnt need them!

Any time, My Good Friend.

I hope it helps. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

-Carolyn

I am glad I came across this thread.Angel and I just saw this out of Sweet Pe this morning and now I knowwhat it is. Simple question though. This doesn'thurt them at all??? It is normal right?

SweetPeasDaddy wrote:
I am glad I came across this thread. Angel and Ijust saw this out of Sweet Pe this morning and now I know what itis. Simple question though. This doesn't hurt themat all??? It is normal right?

This is perfectly normal for the buns. Most will consume them to absorb the unprocessed nutients.

It's somewhat of a problem when they are produced in excess. Moreso if they are too soft.

~Jim

***with the scoop on the poop***

scoop on the poop huh? LOLWell, I am glad your the poopman. I wasn't sure if I shouldabeen concerned, but after seeing the name tossed about here and there Ijust thought I would ask just to be sure. Thanks for yourinput. I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back