Honey

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlee

Reaction score
Well, as some of you know my rabbit won't eat pellets since Purina changed their feed formula. I was thinking of making my own rabbit food.

Most of the recipes say to add honey. I have fresh honey (not store bought). Can a rabbit eat honey in recipes?

Also, does anyone have a homemade rabbit feed recipe that I could feed Jude everyday?

Thanks

Carlee wrote:
Well, as some of you know my rabbit won't eat pellets since Purina changed their feed formula. I was thinking of making my own rabbit food.

Most of the recipes say to add honey. I have fresh honey (not store bought). Can a rabbit eat honey in recipes?

Also, does anyone have a homemade rabbit feed recipe that I could feed Jude everyday?

Thanks
note,,that there are people who offer/feed bee honey--with this in mind--i researched this and stirred up a bee hive,..it is not conjecture but scientific fact,..do not feed rabbits honey.//.-honey is a carbohydrate,with bee enzeymes--it disrupts the natural order of gi tract flora and can introduce toxins in the rabbits system..,sincerely james waller:p

james waller wrote:
note,,that there are people who offer/feed bee honey--with this in mind--i researched this and stirred up a bee hive,..it is not conjecture but scientific fact,..do not feed rabbits honey.//.-honey is a carbohydrate,with bee enzeymes--it disrupts the natural order of gi tract flora and can introduce toxins in the rabbits system..,sincerely james waller:p

I did wonder about the effect of the high sugar carbohydrate in Honey on the rabbit's stomach. Very good explanation James :)

Jo x

Latest posts

Back