Home made rabbit toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my bunnies have baby rattles the hard plastic type and a set of baby keys and they really do love them !:D

I was wondering this morning about making paper mache` toys? I love doing paper mache` and I use water and flour as the glue. Would that be ok? My bunnies shred rather that eat paper and cardboard.

I made a homemade toy for Maisie last night, due to a suggestion from another member, and she LOVES it!!

I got a box (could be a shoebox, even), cut some holes that she could fit through in the side, and put some pieces of newspaper in it, hiding treats here and there in the newspaper. I also took some smaller pieces of newspaper and wadded them up (hiding a treat in a few of them, too). This way, she not only gets to have tons of stuff to dig through, but she gets a nice little treat here and there, too! She's had so much fun throwing the wadded up pieces around, and was really excited when she smelled that there were a couple raisins in the mix! I also put a small piece of alfalfa cube in there. She had so much fun!! :)

P.S. Credit goes to Spring for the wonderful idea! Thanks, Spring!! :D

Latest posts

Back