Home made Hay Racks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brimmhere

Reaction score
i had a ton of niccubes not being used, and figured id give it a go at making some homemade hay racks today. here are a few pics of how theylook! i have made around 10 of them so far. one niccube piece easily makes 2 racks. i cut them in half, thenbend up a section to hold the hay, trim down the back and use clips toattach them to the cage. they work wonderfully!

100_0757.jpg

100_0754.jpg

have any hay racks you have made?? id love to hear ideas or see pics!

Buck's homemade hay racks are, without a doubt,the best I've ever seen. I bumped up the thread "To Buck Jones: HayrackQuestion" for you to see how he made them.

I'll take a picture of one and post it the next time I post pictures on the board.

-Carolyn

I use baskets. I got them at the dollarstore. I cut the slats on one of the long sides to make it easier tofill.

I use zip ties to attach them to the cage, yarn works well toojust tie it on. That way the fines fall through. I also have hay hogsand it was getting tedious constantly filling small hay racks. Now Ionly need to fill them once a day.

homemadehayrack002.jpg

homemadehayrack001.jpg

the pics were taken before I filled it up.

Tina

now the baskets isa very cool idea!! cheap and also easy to make!!!thanks for the pictures !

I like the idea of the baskets but my bunnies Idon't think have little cages but just arent big enough for full sizebaskets.. I really like the idea.. I have a metal hay rackand a plastic one, the plastic one the top don't open wide enough so Ihave to fill it from the bottom.. A real pain in the :bunnybutt:

Cristy

GFR, the slats on the bottom of thebasket keeps the hay in really well. It does let the fines passthrough. I just sweep them up or change out the puppy training pad Ikeep under it.

Tina

hayrack4.jpg

Here's the prototype of what my hubby's makin for me now...we've changed it a bit..I'll have to get an updated pic.

He will make them if anyones intersted, contact me for pricing. thanks.

Back