Holy cow, they introduced themselves!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIpitydane

Reaction score
Ok, I don't know if I'm supposed to freak out, let it go, leave em be or what...but Elton(lionhead) is in the living room...or at least his cage is....the baby bun(flemish) who has been here a week now is in our bedroom in a big NIC cage. Anyway, I was sleeping and when I woke up(I can see Nelsons cage as it's right next to the bed) I saw TWO buns in there! Apparently a couple of the NIC grids are the bigger ones and altho I'd never guessed, are big enough that little Elton squished thru and this is what I woke up to.

14458_101437_260000000.jpg

So my question is this....should I separate them? Or just let them be? Elton is now 11 weeks old and it won't be much longer til he's neutered...Nelson is 7 weeks old. They looked so happy and I swear Elton was like "Look mom, did you know we got a rabbit?"

Nancy, I had hubby bring Nelsons cage (with both boys) into the living room so we can supervise. So far no arguments....they are grooming each other which is adorable....hmmm, maybe let them visit then break them up? They seem so happy!

They are both at the baby stage and you can usually mix buns from different litters at this age without problems or a full bonding process. I would keep them together.

I take it they are both boys? Make sure you get them neutered promptly as their testicles descend and, particularly for the second buns op, take both rabbits to the vet so they don't come home smelling wrong.

Thanks Tamsin....Ive left the boys together all day and so far its been lots of snuggling and grooming. As soon as they are old enough both will be neutered....Elton before Nelson as he is oldest.

Latest posts

Back