holland lop? help??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vona

Reaction score
:? okay soo when i got pepper it was a little confusing reading her breeders ad and a little hard to understand her on the phone...i called and asked about the bunnies and she told me she the lops from the ad and a netherland dwarf buck i believe, in the ad it also says something about the netherland dwarf so i dont remember if it said she was a holland lop x netherland dwarf....i was looking more into the holland lop breed and it says they have flat faces, Peppers face doeslt quite look the same to me and i was wondering if someone with more experience could determine whether or not she is crossed with netherland dwarf....not that it would make a difference id still love her all the same id just like to know :)

cant post pictures right this minute but i will deff sometime tonight i hope... hope my avatar will be good enough for noww

579470_4892980925303_1161191648_n.jpg

525499_4892980605295_415687942_n.jpg

425856_4892980365289_1354164177_n.jpg

looks like a holland to me, especially from the side. Babies often dont pop into their heads until they are 6mos and older. Im not sure what a nethie/holland cross would look like

Yes, definitely a Holland. A Holland x Dwarf mix would almost undoubtedly have poor ear carriage (vertical or airplane ears).

Holland Lops and Netherland Dwarfs are both very competitive breeds and also inconsistent producers. So the characteristics you see in a top show animal will likely not be mirrored in a rabbit sold as a pet, unless you happen to be buying a retired show rabbit.

:) oh okay thank you! im a first time bunny owner. i did a bunch of research before i got her but i seem to still learn new stuff almost everyday...thanks again!

No worries, that information is just an observation from raising Hollands. Not really vital information or something you'd come across in research...just something you'll notice as you see more and more Holland pics. :)

Latest posts

Back