Holland Lop color please.???????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its an interesting color, by the looks of it it appears to be a sable chinchilla to me. Is this rabbit pedigreed? by looking at the colors throughout the pedigree it will make it easier to find out.

Yes my friend said she though that is the color she is to.
No sorry no pedigree.I was given her to me by a friend that got her from another friend and i don`t know her friend or where she lives so have no way of checking her background.
Not even sure how old she is.:(

It could be a sable chin, but what I am seeing is the "sable" is dead fur. If you look at the head, there is new darker fur coming in. I bet, that after it moults, it will be a black chin.

If you look at my Juniors Page, TCR Lightning and TCR Jackson are Sable Chins. Sable chin is a pretty color. :D Just like regular sables, there are differing shades of Sable Chin. Lightning is a lighter one, while Jackson is darker.

www.tcrabbitry.net/juniors

Thanks very much for all your help but i traded her today for a pedigreed chocolate doe which may be going to have babies the first week in Sept.
My friend really wanted her.:)

Take a better look at the picture. The "sable" is dead fur wanting to moult out. If you look at it's head, it has dark black chin fun coming back in from where it has started to moult.

Trust me, I have LOTS of sable chins right now, and while there is varying shades, this is NOT a sable chin.

Look at it's head. I have raised both Hollands and Mini Lops. Sometimes at the same time.

This rabbit looks like it is about 4 lbs. It is not posed by any means, but I would think that it is just a little bit bigger Holland Lop. I had some Holland Brood does that were 6 lbs when I raised them.

Latest posts

Back