Holidays are coming!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amanda856

Reaction score
Hey guys. This year I would like todonatate a lot of money or pet supplies to a local animalshelter...specifically one who needs it. Last year I raised a litte bitof money....$35 by asking vendors during a craft fair..although itwasnt much, I bought a lot of pet supplies and went and gave it to theshelter. I felt even better becuase most of the animals there wererabbits. As well as collecting the craft fair money, I also put upflyers around my town that had pets pictures and information onthem...these pets went to the same shelter..so when I went to donatethe supplies...there were hardly any animals. I was very happy.

Well this year, I'd like to expand...raise more money, and get morepeople involved! Im not sure how to approach it though. Should I putout flyers?? Get my school involved??? Put out cans and jars with petspictures on them??? I'd like to do something new..something that willbe effective. I'm kinda low on ideas...and I know I want to help ourlocal animal shelters....so if you have any ideas, or have donesomething before that has raised a lot of money or supplies, pleaseshare it!!! Thanks so much!!!

<3
-Amanda-

Hi Amanda,I think flyers would be veryeffective and maybe talking to youre local animal shelter aboutspreading the news or selling goods to raise money toward the purchaseof new or used equipment! or even asking the shelter about having awalkathon to raise money for our less fortunate animals!! :)

A thought:

Babysit - and the money you're paid, put towards your shelter.

:)

-Carolyn

That is wonderful!

I used to donate half my baby sitting proceeds to a shelter down thestreet. They had to close from lack of funding however :(

But what you are doing is wonderful!

Try printing out pictures of animals, posting them on a cardboard andattaching that to a box at local supermarkets (with the permission ofthe supermarket) asking for donations like kitty litter, food, toys,shavings and maybe doing a bake sale once a month at these locals =)

The New Haven Kitty Rescue does that here, and I always find myselfbuying some cupcakes for the kitties =) (they also sell homemade kittyand doggie snax)

Thanks for all of your ideas. The bake salereally rang a bell in my head becuase my mom works at a bank..and shesa head-honcho person...so maybe I could have a bake sale at her bank!I've been told Im a good baker...so that'd be a good idea. I also thinkIm going to do some flyers...I'll chose a shelter and ask them whichanimals are close to being uthenized *:(* and then I'll focus on thoseanimals. *Do they still have to uthenize animals....or has that beenband?? it should be!* Thanks for the ideas...Im still open for moreideas if anyone has any.

<3
Amanda

Amanda,

U know I honestly have to say I know ur still in school because ofposts back and forth between the two of us but you have an incredibleheart young lady. You seem to be such a giving and lovingperson god bless you and your parents that raised such a sweet child.

Good Luck on your fund raiser and its a good idea to get the shelter involved as well. Bake sales are always a hit :)

Amanda856 wrote:
...Im still open for more ideas if anyone has any.

<3
Amanda
Well, I certainly don't think you're short of ideas for raisingfunds! I just want to commend you for your efforts andconcern and suggest to you that, "what goes around, comes around," andyou will be aptly rewarded someday, somehow, in some manner for thegood you are doingnow for some of God's littlecreatures. That does not go unnoticed, nor unrewarded.

Buck

Thank you guys!! Your all very sweet!!!! I haventalked to my mom yet about the bake-sale...I went to a football gametonight..so I'll talk to her tomorrow about it, and tell you how itgoes.:cool:

I love this picture, I thought I'd share it with you guys.

10117583.jpg

If only every bunny had a GardianAngel

Latest posts

Back