Holidaying for two weeks.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeccalyn7

Reaction score
So I'm going away for two weeks and leaving my bun behind...
I'm getting my partner to come to mine every two days to feed her and give her water... On,y problem is... She drink water a lot.. Of course.
So how should I prepare her cage and food and water and all that...

I use a half gallon gravity waterer for my rabbits and have been really happy with it. It's the kind with a bottle of water inverted over a bowl, if that makes sense, like they sell for dogs.

Having a couple dishes would be a good idea. If she will use a bottle, have one of those on the cage as well.

Every other day is not really enough for a rabbit. I would wait daily, preferably twice a day. Rabbits can do downhill vary fast, it would not take much for you or your partner to come home to a dead rabbit. Water dishes can be tipped, bottles can leak, they can eat all the food at once, or something else could happen. If your partner can only come every other day, I should suggest finding someone else to at least come on the days he can't. A professional pet sitter is also an option.

My brother will be home,
But I don't trust him to look after her.
As he doesn't really know or associate with animals.

I'm looking into the option of a pet sitter or putting her in a boarding rabbit house.
But don't have the money,
Looking at other options, multiply drink bottles, water containers,

Brother should be able to feed her once a day with her 1 cup of pellets.
And my partner will clean her cage and give her fresh hay every two days,

This is the first time I've been away from her.
So I am going over the top

Latest posts

Back