** Holiday Card Swap 2013 **

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watermelons

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Un-Snowy Wet West, British Columbia, Canada
Who doesn't love getting cards in the mail? Especially cute holiday cards that have a high chance of featuring bunnies? This is the 3rd year running, so lets keep the tradition going! Many other forums have Holiday Card Swaps and I thought it would be a fun, easy way to spread holiday cheer amongst the bunny loving people of this forum. Here's what you need to do if you want to participate:

1) PM me your name and address by Wednesday, November 27. Please make sure there aren't any typos in your address so your cards don't end up in Antarctica.

2) Buy or make holiday cards to send out. They can be Christmas themed, Hanukkah themed, or just general holiday themed. Just keep in mind that not everyone on the forum celebrates holidays the same as you and please don't be offended if you receive a card that doesn't mesh with your religious views.

3) Mail out the cards! We have forum members from all over the world so please be prepared to mail cards to foreign countries. This shouldn't be very expensive at all. You just need to take the card(s) down to the post office and they'll tell you how much postage you need.

Now for a few rules:

1) Please send cards to everyone on the list. Don't pick and choose because that could lead to people feeling left out and that is the opposite of what we want.

2) Please try to send your cards out by Friday, December 6 to be sure everyone receives their cards before Christmas. We all know the mail service slows down around the holidays and mail to foreign countries usually takes longer.

3) You will end up with the addresses of forum members. Do not use these addresses to mail anything else without permission or harass them or anything. Similarly, if you do choose to participate in the Holiday Card Swap, please keep in mind that you're sharing your address with people who are essentially strangers. Do not sign up if you aren't comfortable with this.

4) In order to participate, you must have been registered on Rabbits Online for at least 1 month and have at least 30 posts. This just makes things slightly more secure. If you are under the age of legal majority, you must have a parent or guardians permission to participate. It's also best to have that parent assist you with mailing the cards out.

I will send out the addresses on Thursday, November 28, the day after the last day to sign up. If we get a lot of participants (say, over 15) I will split the list into more than one group so that we aren't all stuck mailing out 40 cards. All the participants in each group will be responsible for mailing cards to everyone in their own group. If anyone wants to send cards to every single person though just let me know and I'll send you all the addresses! Just be aware that you won't receive cards from every single person if you do this, only the people in the group you were assigned to.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or post here in the thread! And have fun :big wink:

I know Shiloh usually heads this up, but we had to get this started if we were going to try and do it again this year :)

Come on folks, lets get some more sign ups. The bunnys will surely appreciate all the bunny themed holiday cards!

You don't have to be crafty. They can be store bought, hand made, purchased online, pictures, no pictures, it doesn't matter!
Lets overtake this obsession with e-mail and the internet and get some traditional cards out there!

1November%20038.jpg

Yay, just signed up!

I'm usually not all that festive in any way (we don't even decorate with anything for the occasion, oops), but I just dug up some Christmas cards the other day while cleaning and this sounds like the perfect occasion to use them. :D

WHAT A CUTE PICTURE

God I wish I had time to do this =/ but I'm in retail so between that and my family I'm tooo busy. Waah!

Ill be working on getting more acquainted with the forum to participate :)

8 days including today, left to sign up.
4 people so far :) Come on guys.

Sue, it doesn't take much time at all ;)
That was one of the pictures on the card I did last year, sadly this year I cant make a custom card :(

Yup absolutely!
Mine the last 2 years have been little photo cards. Set all the critters up in different groups, took photos, stuck them all together into 1 photo, printed those out glued them on card stock, added glitter, made my dog personally stamp each card and yeah. We've had people include stickers, regular cards with a photo, photo cards, Whatever!
Unfortunately this year I cant do custom cards as I'm not at home until much closer to Christmas.

Back