Hmmmm...didn't expect that...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitLover94

Reaction score
Well...just went outside to check on my doe that was due yesterday from an accidental breeding. I can feel the babies moving in her, but she's still holding em' in. But when I turned to leave the barn, I noticed a nest of black fur in the back corner of my other doe's cage. I was cleaning it out when I felt something warm and alive. THREE BABIES!!!

But now I'm very confused. There's no way she got to the bucks. The two does are on the floor cages and the bucks are above them. The one I knew was pregnant had been bred to them when I had them at my dad's for a show and they were all in floor cages. But her cage was broke and they bred through the wire. This doe that just had babies was not there and just shouldn't be pregnant. So very confused....

I'm thinking maybe when I was rearranging the barn right after I got back from that show that the first doe got preggo at, they bred through the cage while I was cleaning and they were all in their cages outside. Hmmm...thought they were far enough apart, but guess not... Anyway, I'll post pics tomorrow. I'm pretty sure they're all black like the mom. :) Just thought I'd share.

Rabbits have been known to breed through cage walls before--provided it's a single layer of wires that separates them. I would make sure there's always 2 layers of wires between bunnies you don't want to breed, with at least a few inches of space between the two wire layers.

Latest posts

Back