Hmmm

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn84

Reaction score
:ponder:My Babies are so Greedy They have a huge appetite is that normal?and they drink water like no tomorrow also i took them to get there shots they were very nervouse my vet said that i should start feeding them veggies there 4 months is that wise?Should i take baby steps in feeding them that?Advice would be great.Also they were going to be fixed but the appointment was pushed back they don't seem to be mating at all i think there still alittle to young should i panic?lol i dont want babies on my hands

If they are male/female, please get them separated. Keep them separated for about 6 weeks after the male is neutered.

Second, what shots are they being given? To my knowledge, in the US no shots are required for rabbits:?. Is the vet rabbit savvy? How many bunnies does this vet see a month/a year? I can get a link of rabbit savvy vets for you if you would need;).

Yes, you can slowly start to introduce veggies. Start by giving a small amount and make sure it doesn't upset their tummies (mushy poos) and stick with the same veggie for a few days. I started off with alfalpha sprouts then moved onto parsley:). Romaine is also a good choice.

Have you been to our Library? I'll get you a link for veggies, so you have more to go by-what's safe, etc;).

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=13618&forum_id=17

All mine have been pretty greedy for their pellets. That sounds normal. How much water are they drinking per day?

She told me what the shot was for i forgot but it was needed it was 1 shot;)i always am full of questions when i see her.Are you sure?I should do that there appointment is for saturday to get fixed in the morning.she told me i could keep her seperated so she can heal right.

Very good to be full of questions:D. I would call the office and ask what the shot was for if it's not on a receipt there with you. Yep, I've not heard of any needed shots in the US as far as vaccines. I'm actually curious as to what it was she gave.

Do you know about how many spays/neuters she has done in the past year on rabbits with no complications? Any losses? If so, what happened? Those are super good questions to ask as it will tell you how savvy they are;). Is this a new vet to you or have you seen her before for the buns?

Welcome to the forum as well! I was quickly answeringyour questions and forgot to mention that;).

She said that she had 1 loss because of the fact that the female was'nt healing correctly due to the owner not seperating them i forgot what it was for

Spays for females are pretty invasive so they do need to take it easy for at least a few days once they're home, depending on how they're doing, some need more time to heal. No jumping, things like that.

Do you know if she'll be administering a pain med right after surgery and sending some home with you as well? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to help you out best I can. I'm sure others will be along as well with more questions and/or suggestions;). I have personally NOT had a rabbit spayed, just done alot of reading and hearing other folks' experiences:).

Have you read about post op care at all? Here's a link for spays/neuters for you:D:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12040&forum_id=10

My Baxter! who is 6 months old is greedy too w/food. I think he would eat all day if I let him (meaning treats); my vet had said to give him the approved treats for buns (there is a list on this site) but to not go "crazy"..

Also, the only other thing I know for sure is to make SURE you get pain meds to take home after your bun is spayed. Poor Baxter! was really out of it after his neutoring and I waited to give him the meds and would never do that again (hindsight is 20/20)..

Good luck and keep updating!

Latest posts

Back