Hmmm what bunny to get?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alyssars1

Reaction score
So, you might have seen my countdown for my baby holland lop ive been waiting on, but now im confused to if i want her or a different bunny i fount.. because i go on craigslist too much i know -_- so i saw these flemish giant mix babies, and they say if they dont find homes they will be butchered :( so now even though ive been waiting on her, I really want one of them now, and plus i really like flemmies. they are like 3 hrs away, thats a bit of a drive, but id be willing to take it, considering id be possibly saving a bunny. The breeder of the holland lop would be fine with me changing my mind, as she was the pick of the litter and she said she would keep her if i ever changed my mine. hmmmm. the breeders of the flemmie mixes said they will get about 10lbs, witch would be perfect for me, a flemmie in a smaller package hehe. what to do what to do... I feel kinda bad changing my mind on my lil holland ive been waiting on, but the thought of them being food makes me sad :(

Follow your heart. Bunnies are slaughtered every day for meat. It's a sad reality. And since you did not make any commitments with either breeder you'll just simply have to follow your instincts. Both decisions will be right but since you cannot save the world you can save the world for one special and lucky bunny :)

true true, i really do want one of the flemmie mixes, for some reason I just feel bad about backing out on that one for some reason i guess. I think I am going to "rescue" one of them guys though...

I would look and get a bunny you truely want. I know most people on here disagree with meat, and I'm not wanting to start trouble on your thread about it. But there are meat producers out there, and it doesn't mean we care any less for our rabbits.

also, there is a chance they are just saying that about the rabbits so someone will come pick them up.

Find a rabbit you truely want. Especially if this is your first rabbit. Don't get something large like a flemish mix, that they may not even be handled and you're going to be upset. Get a rabbit you truely want.

Well I didnt get one, the day i was going to, i was without internet, and i must have wrote their number wrong or they gave me the wrong one, as it wasnt working. hmmm.
Im upset about it, but that was really the only day I could drive that for away, because I was already down towards that way. She told me there was people coming to pick some up, so hope they all got rescued!

GorbyJobRabbits wrote:
I would look and get a bunny you truely want. I know most people on here disagree with meat, and I'm not wanting to start trouble on your thread about it. But there are meat producers out there, and it doesn't mean we care any less for our rabbits.

also, there is a chance they are just saying that about the rabbits so someone will come pick them up.

Find a rabbit you truely want. Especially if this is your first rabbit. Don't get something large like a flemish mix, that they may not even be handled and you're going to be upset. Get a rabbit you truely want.
Thats exactly what my boyfriend told me.
I know rabbits are used for meat, just like any other animals on farms.
Im just overly sensitive about it guess... I dont think anything bad about people who raise meat rabbits btw.

Just want to add that I have four flemmie mixes that are probaboly around 8-10 pounds and with two of them - it is a lot like having a flemmie personality in a small body. The other two are brothers that live together and I don't interact with them much due to time, etc. - and they're happy the way they are.

But Adam (in my blog) - is a sweetheart...definitely shows his daddy's personality.

I also currently have two babies I'm hand-raising that are e-lop flemmie mixes. Hilarious personalities so far at about 12 days old...can hardly wait to see what they turn out like.

Both litters were accidental breedings...not gonna explain here.

But yes - a flemmie mix can have the flemmie personality but in a smaller body.

I'm glad to hear that people do not hate us meat breeders, I've been known to breed a litter now and then for the freezer in the past and was doing pet rescue during my off times. I love rabbits as pets but that is not all they can be. On an interesting note, I read about a pair of English Angoras that had been abandoned and are now therapy rabbits! Its amazing the many ways rabbits enter people's lives. Cheers to you for trying to take in a meat rabbit being offered sorry they gave bad contact info. Reminds me of what happened with someone who got a pet snake at a pet expo. All the contact info with the snake was bogus and the snake won't eat. :(

I have more respect for anyone who raises and kills their own food rather than paying a store who bought it off a factory farm. Once the consumer is so far removed from something like meat who knows what problems can arise!!!

Latest posts

Back