Hmmm...odd behavior from Nutmeg?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nut

Reaction score
Okay, so I just had her out on the couch about a half hour ago. For a long time she was just exploring all over the couch, not really paying much attention to me for about twenty minutes except for the occasional 30 second pet. She'd hop on and off of me but for the most part just sitting about a foot away, plotting ways to jump off and get into trouble and have me chase her. Oh, and eating the tassles off pillows and trying to get the buttons off the remote. Her favorites. :p

So then she was just sitting there, scratching and grooming, then all of a sudden she comes over and circles my arm with her nose pressed tightly against it. She goes from arm to arm (held up because I was a little curious as to what she would do), pressing her nose against my arms. For the most part she was standing up against my arm, she bit me about twice (a very small nip, if that), and licked me every now and then. She just kept circling and preferring one arm but checking out both. All the time she was doing that she made that sound again, constantly. If I wasn't so close to her I never would have heard it. It was no louder than a whisper, not exactly a honk, but kind of like a wonk...she almost never makes this sound, I've only heard it about twice before. She is a 5 month old (on the seventh), and is a Netherland Dwarf mix (looks almost nothing like one though - to me).

I just thought this was kind of weird since she almost never shows much interest in me, and she definately did just then. ;)

Well, I think she was showing how interested she was in you... LOL, sounds like a love dance to me!

She's not fixed yet, is she? Chances are she's getting more full of hormones and they are making her want to mate.

--Dawn

She's doing the mating dance...... Love you Mama Love you Lots.....

lol, it was so cute. Glad she loves her mommy. :biggrin2:She's getting spayed sometime within the next two months, I hope her somewhat 'angelic' behavior won't stop! I felt special to her...for once. :p

Naw, she'll be sweet after too, she just might not dance around you.

Bo still comes up and tugs on me and looks up to get me to pay attention LOL!

Tony is doing the dance around mommy thing right now. He's not getting neutered until we quit showing him.

He's also a bit feisty!

I just posted something like this about Acorn actually. He has decided lately to dance around my ankles and nip at me. I didn't even think about it until now, but Henri does that to my cats, lol. Although I don't think he nips them, just runs around them in circles. . . I wonder if this is for the same reason?

Latest posts

Back