Hmmm...........Just Wondering Something :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how big a cage needs to be for two adult rabbits? keeping in mind that most days that we're home Jamie(and any other bun we'd get)has free range on the back porch(10 x 10 feet about)and so isn't in the cage. a.k.a. Jamie and another bun(Jamie's a Holland Lop and the new bun would be aHolland Lop or Netherland Dwarf).my cage is 32 L x 22 W x 23 H.Just wondering, I'm really not sure why! thanks for helping satisfy my curiosity!

Anna

You definitely need a bigger cage, that cage is much too small for a single bunny let alone two. That size of cage might be acceptable if it was just a base, and was never closed (I'm assuming he's closed in at night and when you're not home?)

For an indoor rabbit personally I feel 4x2x2 foot is an absolute minimum cage size, no matter how long the rabbit is closed in. Bigger is better. They must be able to take at least four full hops in the cage. It's often advised the smaller breeds have larger cages because they have so much energy and move around a lot more. A too small cage can be very damaging to a rabbits bones if they don't have the space to stretch out.

Why don't you build a nice big NIC cage? :)

Latest posts

Back