hmm solid dutch?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowena

Reaction score
Im looking at rabbits for adoption on pet finder. and I have seen TWO solid black buns that they have marked as Dutch.......

Maybe someone needs to help em in identifying their bunnies? Or arethere solid Dutch buns? I always thought there were a color andwhite........

Virginia

YES! there aresolid Dutch I Have 2babies born that are solids, ifyou can check the tonails onthe front feet youshould fine at least one white tonail . Oneof my Dutch ( teh one who camein a few weeks ago with babies :X ) isa solid she only has a very few guardhairs between her eyes thathave white in them and 2white toes , Post thelink for the rabbits andI willhave a look.

Rowena Are You talking aboutthe one Named Brad? If sohis face ears noseare all way too long tobe Dutch , he doesnt looklke any that I haveeven the Dutch NZcross has t he short nose earsand face , they may have himmissed breeded.\
Isisbabies2.jpg

Thisis the NZ Dutch cross , see what I mean ?

Lightning :

IM000046.jpg

what gets me is theres also arabbit in there named Mittensthey have her classified as astandard rabbit when she is clearlya Dutch cross , I do believethese people dont knowtheirRabbits from ahampster.

Where were you looking? hehe I have seen a lot of em that dont look like what Id think the breed would look like.

Here is another place I was looking:

http://imageevent.com/lisaspictures/shelterrabbits

If you click the rabbit pics, you'll see more pics of rabbits.

Some of them do say Dutch mix, so I dont know. Cant really see feet or nails in some of them

Then on petfinder, I was looking for area code 89403, cuz we are movingto that area later this summer, and Id like to adopt a bunny :)

Virginia

thanks gypsy!

gypsy wrote:
YES! there are solid Dutch I Have 2 babies born that aresolids, if you can check the tonails on the front feet you should fineat least one white tonail . One of my Dutch ( teh one who came in a fewweeks ago with babies :X ) is a solid she only has a very few guardhairs between her eyes that have white in them and 2 white toes , Postthe link for the rabbits and I will have a look.

Rowena Are You talking about the one Named Brad? If so his face earsnose are all way too long to be Dutch , he doesnt look lke any that Ihave even the Dutch NZ cross has t he short nose ears and face , theymay have him missed breeded.
Isisbabies2.jpg

Thisis the NZ Dutch cross , see what I mean ?
OMG those are beautiful babies! :love:

My fav's are thoselittle Tan and Blues ( Torts )they are just so darncute and nippy andnaughty oh ya typicalDutch lmao.

There can be solid Dutch but these are actuallymis-marked Dutch. Not every dutch is born with the correct markings andactually some don't seem to even be close. Although I have been raisingDutch for over 14 years now, I have never had a totally solid one, butI am sure that they can happen. Also, I don't know how to get thepicture in my response but that picture of "Lightning" is a Dutch. Itdoesn't matter how long their head or ears are. I have had my share oftoo long of ears and very snipy heads. It is a gray dutch, just hasmarking faults. The picture of the Dutch doe and her litter was verynice, they all seem to be nicely marked from this end.

** "The picture of the Dutch doe and her litter was very nice, they all seem to be nicely marked from this end. '***

Starlight : LOL you shoould see one ofthe little black and whites in thatlitter heis so adorable , he acceptablemarkings but bad stopsnot to mention whenthe Fairies were painting him ,he squiggled and got thepaint right acrossed his Buttits so darn cute , Iwill try and get a picture upof the little buggeras soon as I can keep himin the view finder lol . Smallest one outof the litter firstone out of thenest lol.
I just realizedyou can actually see his buttin this picture lol ,

untitled.jpg

Latest posts

Back