Himalayan?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.Bosley

Reaction score
Hello!
A few months ago I inquired about a bunny that someone was re-homing for free. I told them I would gladly take the bunny in and rather keep it, or find it a suitable home! Mainly because you never know what happens to free bunnies :dunno:

They asked me TONS of questions, and said I could have her, but they never came to drop her off. This all happened in May! Well guess what showed up at my front door this morning.... I got an email at roughly 11am "I left the bunny and all supplies at your front door, you inquired about her a few months ago, her name is Willow. I hope you remember her, good luck"

She came with a bag of Carefresh, a litter pan, Zoozone 2 Cage, Oxbow Young Rabbit Food, and some Timothy Hay! When I inquired about her she was roughly 7 months old, so she is now about 9 months.

Is she a Himalayan? I have yet to check her gender, they told me she was female. I am in love already :bunnyheart She is so mellow! A nice off set from my crazy Lionhead, Chive haha.

IMG_00000433.jpg

IMG_00000434.jpg

IMG_00000435.jpg

I'd go with Rue, a lovely name :) Though of course if she doesn't turn out to be a she you'll need to change it, lol.

Hard to believe some people but she looks like a beautiful bunny, although perhaps a little thin. Just as a side note, the pen you have her in: on the left it's only one panel high, she'll be over that in no time if you're not careful ;)

I'd go with Rue, a lovely name :) Though of course if she doesn't turn out to be a she you'll need to change it, lol.

Hard to believe some people but she looks like a beautiful bunny, although perhaps a little thin. Just as a side note, the pen you have her in: on the left it's only one panel high, she'll be over that in no time if you're not careful ;)

I am definitely leaning towards Rue! :D Gotta see what the bf says haha ;)

Yes, unfortunately those were the left over NIC panels I had... she jumped it once, but has actually stayed in it! *Knock on wood* Yay!!! I won't be able to get more for 2 weeks (ish) so hopefully she stays in it... if not she will be stuck in her Zoozone 2 cage until I build it higher haha.

Hoping to fatten her up! Lots of pellets and hay.... heh heh

very cute :) Himis are awesome pet bunnies :D They are very sweet and have a calm disposition. My mom used to raise them and she still wishes to again if we get the cage space.

I wanted to say dont get her too fat please. Himis are a thin boned rabbit with a max weight of only 4.5lbs. We didnt have to watch their weight much but just keep it in mind

I agree with Sarah, your Himmie looks to be in good shape. Their body shape is long and slender and if you put too much weight on her it will make her more prone to back injury.

Ohhh perfect! I won't worry about the weight then, she is apparently under a year, so I am giving her unlimited pellets and hay right now. But unlimited pellets I fill the dish once a day, haha!

She seems SO sweet! I am 90% she is actually a she :)

That sounds like a good eating regimen for her! She is a cutie!! Such beautiful and dark markings also!

That sounds like a good eating regimen for her! She is a cutie!! Such beautiful and dark markings also!

Thanks! I am very interested in getting to know her better. She seems VERY affectionate compared to Chive, which is what I have been wanting! :D

Had to do a cage exchange... Chive is now in the Zoozone 2 until I build the second NIC Cage taller :eek: They can both hop over the one panel height...oops!

I love Himi's! they are so mellow and sweet, and if you ever do showmanship they are the easiest to do it with. I always tell the parents of new younger rabbit showers that they should look in to himis. You are very lucky :)

I love Himi's! they are so mellow and sweet, and if you ever do showmanship they are the easiest to do it with. I always tell the parents of new younger rabbit showers that they should look in to himis. You are very lucky :)

I had heard that about Himis when I originally was interested in her! Plus they informed me that she had the sweetest personality. So far so good! She seems very sweet, lets me pat her as well as gives kisses. Rue has even allowed me to pick her up :D Which is amazing because Chive kicks and throws up a fuss the minute I even try and pet her, haha.

We also decided on the name Rue! My boyfriend does not like her because she has red eyes :sosad I told him to suck it up! It's about the personality ;) and so far she has an amazing one.

Rue is settling in nicely! :nod

She is not 100% litter trained yet, but hoping with a larger pan she will get better. When I moved her into the larger cage it seemed her litter habits got worse... so I got her a larger litter pan. The one she came with was horribly small! :shock:

I am already in love with her. Her personality is amazing :D she is so friendly and docile. Definitely need to get her some more toys! And maybe a grass mat, as she destroyed some of the puzzle piece children's mats we had under the cage. Any flooring ideas that she won't destroy?? :huh

When can I start introducing veggies? She is apparently just under a year old.

Latest posts

Back