hideaway

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaylorxMatrix

Reaction score
does my bunny need a little hideway thing or is he ok without one?? im talking about like a little box with a door cut out so the can go in and out.

A hideaway is a great idea and I think every bunny should have one. Bandit has two in his big cage, one is cardboard which he likes to go inside to chew and rip at it, the other is plastic and he uses it to hide in when he's scared (which is usually when we're cooking and it gets too smelly/noisy for him). Your bunny may not be scared of you, but there's other sights, sounds and smells that may scare him so it's great if they've got a safe place to hide where they can feel secure :)

How big is your cage then? and how big are the hideaway things?? whenever i put a cardboard thing in his cage it takes up his whole cage!

Bandit's cage is big, 70 inches or 177cm long, with two levels, so there's lots of room for hideaways. If you're concerned about space, you could drape a fleece blanket over part of the cage to make it more hidden. That way it's still more private for your rabbit but doesn't take up room. Just be aware that some rabbits may pull a blanket through the cage bars to chew on, which is why I recommend fleece because it's not as dangerous as the long fibers from towels etc.

BanditChristmas2015Cage.jpg

wow okay thanks!! im not too savy on building things like that but i am fimiliar with c and c grids i have some surring his cage for a little pen. thats an amazing cage lol i wish i could build something like that!!!

Latest posts

Back