Hi!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nadege

Lady's human
Reaction score
My name is Nadege and I have had Lady, my dwarf rabbit for a little over a week now. She is 3 months and a half old, binkies all over the place and loves to chew on everything she can find! I have previously had 5 bunnies, including a surprise litter of babies, and I was really missing having one of those wonderful creatures in my life. That's why, when I saw Lady's adorable face at my local pet store, I couldn't help but to bring her home :) Here is a picture of her on my lap:

11654491455_c071e0fb1f_c.jpg

Hi & :welcome1, Nadege & Lady!
Lady is a lovely lady bun! I can see how you couldn't help but take her home! I hope you two will make yourself at home here at RO. This is my online bunny home! Everyone here is so helpful & friendly. I've learned so much! Oh, & please be sure to post often with lots of pix! Love bunny pix!

Congratulations on your new bunny, Lady. She's beautiful.

I am a new member here and have found this site to be wonderfully informative. And, everyone is as much a bunny slave here as I am! There's something to be said for that. I hope that you find this forum to be as terrific as I have. And, I hope to see you and Lady around for a long time to come!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I already love this place - I was concerned about Lady losing fur and having crusts around one of her ears and somewhere near her shoulders, and thanks to the people on here who replied to me super fast, I now know she most likely has fur mites! I'm going to schedule an appointment to the vet's tomorrow, hopefully this gets sorted out soon.

Best place to be if you have bunnies and lots of questions. Lady is adorable, such a cute little face. Hope her ear mites get sorted. Love all the support and spot on advice on here. Most of all we all love bunny pics, lots and lots so feel free. Welcome to RO :)

Hello! Welcome to RO. As a first time bunny mom, I have found this site to be super helpful. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here who are always ready to lend a hand. Lady is gorgeous, congrats! :)

Hi there and Welcome! Your bunny Lady is beautiful. I love her face how soulful it is. She reminds me a bit of Chica my Agouti.. I can't work my iphone and icloud photos worth a darn so they will probably turn out sideways, but here goes nothing.

It's great having you here on the forum and please, feel free to post more photos and tell us more about yourself!!!

Welcome to the forum!

Vanessa

What a cute bun! She looks so much like mine on these pictures :)
A new photo of Lady I took last night:

11929353345_460f16e976_c.jpg

Oh my goodness. We are going to go into sugar shock from how sweet they both look in these photos! I showed my husband and he could not get over how they look alike. Separated at birth! I know in some of these photos she does not look alike but they do from what I see... the photos I've taken have came out crappy from my iphone... I should take some with a real camera and I think they would come out with a better looking quality. Your pictures are really clear and sharp!

This pink one is beautiful. Your going to be putting together a calendar soon! She is so photogenic.. what a great bun.
You are so lucky to have seen her..

BTW, are you an American living in France?

More later!
Chica sends her regards to Lady
Vanessa

Thank you! I am a photographer so I can't stop myself from taking pictures of her, she's just too cute. I have had her for just over two weeks but I have so many already, even though I am currently treating her for fur mites and the vet gave her a not so ladylike "haircut"!

Oh and I'm just a french girl living in France :)

Thank you! I am a photographer so I can't stop myself from taking pictures of her, she's just too cute. I have had her for just over two weeks but I have so many already, even though I am currently treating her for fur mites and the vet gave her a not so ladylike "haircut"!

Oh and I'm just a french girl living in France :)

Really? I can't even tell the vet gave her a hair cut! She looks good and
I can't even see any evidence of fur mites so the vet did a great job of treating her! Bravo! Some vets will butcher the poor animals in the treatment and you feel more sorry for them during the treatment then before!!!

You take some great photos especially the close ups of her.. they are wonderful. You will need to share more. When it gets warmer and you
can take her outside safely I'm sure you will get some excellent outdoor shots of her with flowers and fields...

Well you had me fooled. Your English is wonderful. I thought you were an American living in France! My French was ok until I married someone who spoke Spanish and now from speaking Spanish so much I have just about forgotten French!:( I watched a documentary the other day that was in French to get the Spanish out of my head!:yahoo:Maybe you have heard of it Nos Enfants Nous Accuseront from Jean-Paul Jaud? I really enjoyed it.

Well keep your Lady safe and I will talk soon. What area of France are you? I've been to Paris and Normandy.

More later
Vanessa

The pictures in her rabbit registry entry were before she got her fur shaved, but the vet didn't shave too much of it (just a small patch on her back, and one on her ear as you can see on the pictures I'm attaching)

Anyway, thanks for the compliment(s)! I have always loved the English language. I actually had to look this up because I hadn't heard of it until now and I didn't know if it was a book or a movie lol. I live in the south east of France, and I have been living in Paris as well for quite some time :)

IMG_3925.jpg

IMG_3930.jpg

That explains a lot! I couldn't get over how amazing the picture quality was in the photographs of her; my cheap-*** digital camera couldn't even begin to approach results like that and the darn thing never wants to believe that the bunny is what I'm trying to take a picture of (especially with my American Sable mix; something about the gray-brown fur makes the camera think he's "background smudge" and I have to argue with it a lot to get half-decent results.

I'd kill to be able to justify buying an expensive camera worthy of an actual photographer, but spending hundreds or thousands of dollars just so I can take better pictures of my pets would be pretty ridiculous. Still, I'm SO jealous of your camera! She's so photogenic, too - an absolute beauty.

How is it going with her ear mites? Is she feeling better?

Haha, I see what you mean. Maybe you could look up the Canon EOS M. It is basically a point-and-shoot trying to be a dSLR lol it is still expensive, but it has many very cool features and the image quality is pretty good for this type of camera.

Anyway, Lady is slowly getting better, thanks for asking! I still have to treat her for a couple more weeks, but the bald patches on her back and ear didn't extend, and she doesn't have crusts anymore. She's been such an angel during the whole process, I think it helped a lot too. I can tell she HATES when I have to bathe her but she didn't make it any more difficult for me or anything :)

I'm sorry I must be going blind. I can't see any areas on her ears where fur is missing.. Maybe I need glasses! She looks great..and those photos are wonderful. I agree with Jennifer... my Iphone 4S sucks because my pictures come out like crap. Your camera is great and you have a good eye!

I've been showing my husband the pictures of Lady and he thinks she is pretty also. I'm glad to hear that she is getting better and not giving you that much of a hard time when you have to wash her and clean her up! How long until you think
she is totally healed?

I'm going to have to look for Chica's baby pictures and post a couple. She was a cutie. I have a short movie when she was just learning how to hop. It was hysterical and cute at the same time. She was trying to use all her energy to go up and hop and you can tell she was concentrating. I would watch her in her cage and she would almost shut her eyes move/hop a little bit and I could tell she was really excited. I finally wised up and got my video camera!

I can't wait to see more pic's of Lady!

More later
Vanessa

Latest posts

Back