Hi!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackDove200

Reaction score
I'm new to the forums. :) I posted in the infirmary as my first post, but I thought I'd officially introduce myself. My name is Mara. I'm a 26 year old @home interviewer for a company called Ipsos up in Canada, but I live in Kentucky. We do market research and public opinion polls... it's great because I usually just let the bunnies out to play unless they're getting too rambunctious. I'm a creative writer but have yet to be published, but my rabbits are totally my muses.

I got my first house rabbit, Thumper, after I got divorced. He wasn't an impulse buy from the petstore--I had been thinking about getting a lop for a while because I wanted a pet and remembered how quiet and what joys my rabbits were when I was a kid. We can't forget the bunnies in a petstore even though they also need homes from shelters. Thump was in a cage by himself and he immediately wanted me to give him snuggles and made himself comfortable in my arms while I got all the supplies I needed for him. He really helped me get through my divorce.

Winnie... he stole my heart in another petstore after I went to say hi to the animals. I know the shop owner at that store, because she's always been on friendly terms. Winnie was just a little 10 week old bunny then and he had two cage mates, but I knew I couldn't have that many rabbits. (Or so I thought). I talked it over with Thumper and he wanted a female bunny to make friends with. I need to really tell the shop owner how to sex rabbits--because my sweet little girl started acting too friendly with a teddy bear one day and I discovered boy parts. Thumper and Winnie bonded fairly easily--except one nip the other day on through the ear, they love each other. Win is a huge groomer, if I or the other rabbits sit still long enough, he'll start cleaning us. Does anyone else's lionhead do this? He's so much more affectionate than the others. He's actually in my lap insisting on a grooming session with my arms... Oh no, he jumped down so he can do some insane binkies.

My third rabbit is an angora named Albert. I found Albert a week ago in a hutch... completely matted. I told my best friend I was cleaning poor Albert up and taking him home, for some rest and relaxation and to try to get his coat straightened out but we've completely bonded and he has started getting along with my other boys even though it was a bit hairy for a week. It was scary cutting that old wool off but he's such a sweet rabbit who enjoys attention. I could tell he wanted help when I saw him...and the first time I let him play, he did the biggest binky like "I'M FREE!!" He's chinning my DVDs right now. XD. He's not going back to that situation, although I will give his wool to his previous owner since that's why she wanted him. She's just not getting the rabbit back.

Okay, while they have all bonded somewhat, I still want to lay on the floor with them and grab Winnie if any disagreements happen. He's the smallest of the 3 so I am a little more protective, I think. LOL

welcome to RO!

my lionhead also likes to groom me (more than she does my other bunny, lol. she's the dominant of the two but apparently sees me as the alpha bun). she'll lick my nose and/or forehead and will tug at my curls to rearrange them. sometimes she'll climb on my back while I'm lying on my stomach to get better access to my head :p

I'm so glad you rescued Albert and got him cleaned up and happy :D

Lol!! Winnie is still really little, so when we sit at my computer desk, he hops up on my shoulder and watches youtube with me. We like bunny and guinea pig videos together. I don't like picking favorites since that's not fair to Thumper and Albert, but he likes to cuddle far more than the other bunnies.

Latest posts

Back