Hi!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lexoli

Reaction score
Hello!

I joined a while ago wanting urgent advice and never introduced myself. Now I am not so fraught, I figured I would say hello!

I am a 28 year old mum of 2 little boys, 3 kitties (2 are rehomed ferals, aged around 10, one is a 5 year old mad ginger tom) and currently 7 rabbits. I got my first rabbit when I was about 13 - sounds sad but he was like my best friend - if I was in the garden, he was by my side, if I took him in the house he would follow me like a puppy. I have never met another rabbit like him.

Currently, we have:

Millie - approx 19 months
I got my children a bunny each, two little white male lops. I have no idea why, but I never actually checked the sex, despite being confident at doing so. Yeah, they weren't both males. I discovered this one morning when walking past the cage and discovering fur everywhere and 4 little bundles. 2 were already dead (it was bitterly cold, and despite lots of bedding, and a cover over the cage, I think it was just too much), and the other 2 weren't in great health. I assisted 'mum' (formerly dad!) by syringe feeding them, but one didn't make it through the night. Millie was the only one that survived and is now a big, sturdy, beautiful white lop.

Jacob - approx 2 years
When out and about getting extra bits for the new arrival (above), we spotted Jacob in PAH. He is a giant breed, and had been returned to the store after being purchased as 'he was spraying' :rollseyes. Hubby fell in love with the big daft oaf, especially as he had one lopped ear and one that sticks straight up like an antennae! He lives in the house and has a big dog cage to call home. He is litter trained, and spoiled rotten!

Binky - unknown age
My friend was volunteering at an animal sanctuary, and had taken Binky home as a special case. Apparently she was aggressive, grunting and lunging at people and attacking other rabbits. My friend wanted to find her an 'experienced' home so I agreed to take her. She is an absolute darling, and while she did spend a long time grunting when we went near her, she never attacked and loves to have plenty of petting and attention. She had been badly treated - they think her fur had been dyed or burned :shock: so it was rough and fused together but now she is a beautiful lionhead.

Buddy & Charlie - Approx 3 years
B&C are two giants that we saw advertised in a local free ads, as the owner couldn't cope with their size due to her bad back? Charlie (female) is very inquisitive, and far more confident, while Buddy is really laid back. They love being out in the garden and get on great together, but attempts to introduce them to jacob have been VERY unsuccessful!

George - About 15 months?
By the time we got B&C I thought we had reached our limit! However, next door gave us a sob story about how her granddaugher had bought her son 2 make rabbits and they had been fighting and she had to seperate them and George was stuck in a cardboard box and she couldn't afford him, etc (when will people learn about neutering??) so would we PLEASE take him? Fortunately I had a spare cage due to the loss of another rabbit so we eventually agreed. He is a little cutie, he is only young but his black fur is flecked with grey. He had various fighting wounds when we got him, but is healing well. He gets on great with Binky we we are hoping they can eventually be partnered (as buddies, not for breeding) together.

Timmy - About 11 months
Our newest addition is definitely the hardest one I have had to deal with. He is another one that the owner has given up on after buying 2 males, not neutering them, and having 2 young children. He is currently aggressive (as the huge chunk missing from my cheek shows) but I am hoping that with patience, attention, and a trip to the vets to have his kahunas removed, that he can be calmed.

So, that's me! 2 kids, 11 animals, and probably a dozen grey hairs under the dye!

haha, wow. Your introduction made me chuckle. Sounds like you have a busy, busy life :)

I loved the description of all your buns. They each sound so unique (but aren't they all?) and so cute.

I'm a mom to a young son who will be 4 in November and two buns Agnes, a lionhead doe, and Archie, a mini rex buck, who I'm trying to bond currently.

This is a really fun forum full of lots of rabbit lovers. We love pics here so you should post some of your zoo!!!

Welcome, hope to see more from you here :)

thanks for your reply! I've just been reading some of your posts about Agnes and Archie!

The first pic below is Millie, Binky, George, Buddy and Charlie. I have no idea how I got them to sit together! After this pic we added Jacob too and they all just sat together! The blondie in the background is my 5 year old, Oliver.

399530_10150924615792121_916140656_n.jpg

This is Jacob, with my 7 year old:

392735_10150461646291846_132194972_n.jpg

This is Millie as a little ball of fluff!

402638_10150461646111846_428861768_n.jpg

This is Timmy (I REALLY want to rename him, lol)

392221_3051004312399_795721203_n.jpg

Love that picture of all your buns together. So cute! For being a little piranha Timmy sure looks like a sweetheart.

He is beautiful! It's killing me as he is sat in his cage over there ----> and I just want to get him out and fuss him but I know I can't! He is a lot bigger than that pic now, that's one that I pinched from my friend's FB pics from when she first got him :)

Aww those are great pics, your buns are adorable :) love the one with your son and Jacob.

Timmy and Millie are just adorable. They have ornery written all over their faces :) love it!

Latest posts

Back