Hi : )

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skye

Reaction score
Hi I'm new. My mom got herself a birthday present today. She got a six week old male mini-lop from a pet store. I was pretty surprised when she brought him home. She usually yells at me for bringing pets home. Anyway I joined the forum to get as much information as I could. He doesn't have a name yet. He is so sweet. Here is a picture of the little guy. :)
0215091541b.jpg

Thanks everyone. : )
Right now he is outside in a rabbit hutch. I was wondering if it's better for him to be inside or outside. The breeders said he was born outside so I wasn't sure what would be better. I wanted to keep him in my room and build him a huge pen since my room is big. I'm already attached to him.

Welcome. Personally I think the bunny should be in the house. I see you've fallen in love with the little one too. Since he is your mom's bunny see if she is okay with him being inside. It is very easy to little box train a rabbit. They are social animals and enjoy companionship.

You should also have him checked out by a vet who knows rabbits.

Where in NJ are you located? I live in the Mount Holly area.

I thought the same thing. I talked it over with my mom on the phone earlier, she said we have to wait until we get money to make the NIC cage.(sorry if I called it the wrong thing) I wanted him inside at first anyway just incase there is any really bad weather. I'm worried about him now being a lone out there on his first night. I've checked on him three times now. I was glad to see he was eating.
I'm located around the Pemberton area in Jersey. I'm pretty sure the vet I go to now will take him since they have treated my rats previously.

Don't worry NIC cage is the right thing!

And Welcome to the forum :)

He is a sweetie!
RO is a great place to find lots of information, check out the library or ask in the forum! Seeyou around the forum :)

Thank you Becca. : )
He finally has a name. I named him Max
He's been exploring the kitchen for a half hour now. So far he is use to me mostly.
0216091535-1.jpg

Yeah, it's actually the cat's bowl. It's a good thing I cleaned it before he got to it. I turned around he was drinking out of it.

Welcome to the forum! Max is soo sweet! :D You'll find heaps of info and advice about rabbits here!

Welcome to the forum! He is a cute little guy!

I agree, its much safer for buns to be inside if they can. Predators, racoons etc can scare a rabbit to death. Like it was said, rabbits are very social and can be litter box trained.

Latest posts

Back