Hi!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueMoon

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I joined this forum at Eileen's suggestion, I was an "accomplice" in Eileen's adoption of Gulliver. I'll soon be adopting another rabbit brought to a wildlife hospital after being abandoned outside. His name is Gideon, he'll be coming back to vet school with me after Thanksgiving break. Eileen has probably posted photos of him here already, I suspect... so here is one you may have seen before:

n16300416_34969146_2551.jpg

We were told Gideon was tossed from a van, found his way into someone's backyard, and was then brought to the wildlife hospital. He is very skinny in this picture, that won't last long... :)

I have another bunny who did not come along to live near school with me, he stayed at home... he was also found abandoned, and was cleverly named "Buns" when we found him hiding under a car 12 years ago.

n16300416_34383763_5577.jpg

photo.php

~Michelle

:hello Welcome! Thanks for being so kind to take in Gideon! (Love the name!) Can't wait to see more pics of him! (Did Eileen warn you we demand lots of Pictures? LOL!)

:welcome1 ( We LIKE vet students!!!! )

Welcome BlueMoon! I actually did not get to post any pictures as the photo gallery on Goosemoose (where I upload all my pix) is down for me, so I haven't gotten to do Photobucket. So those are the first pix of Gideon.

His poor legs were urine scalded, he had hock sores, he was so skinny. I'll post a new picture of him in the next day or so; he is presently at the vet where he was neutered yesterday. They told me he is about 4-5 years old.
He is really filled out now; weighs 6lb 6oz at the vet yesterday. His fur is very clean now, and the hair has grown back on his legs. He looks like a different bunny.

Anyway, just wanted to say welcome!

LedaHartwood wrote:
Welcome to RO!

o.0 Love your avatar... nuff said...

Haha... I had tried to make friends with a rat I had as a foster, and she bit my finger. The perfectly crescent-shaped cut demanded googlie eyes. :p

Hi Michelle!

So glad you are on here now so once you pry Gideon from us at Volunteers you can post photos! :D I also wanted to report his crowning achievement for today... every single little poop was in his litter box between 8 am and 4 pm!!!!!!!!!!

See you soon.
Lauren

Back