Hi there - I'm new too

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobnAud

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'ma soon-to-be mother of 2 Holland Lop bucks. They were born March 27th at a breeder's farm. We'll be picking them up sometime after May 7th. My husband and I had a wonderful experience owning a Mini-lop purchased from a pet store in the past. We're purchasing these 2 little guys to add life to our family of 2 daughters. The buns will be the girls' birthday presents as both have birthdays in May.

We've built a NIC-type cage using panels bought from Canadian Tire - ours is 2 x 4 panels in dimension and 2 panels high. I'd like to build a 3rd level but my husband feels it's too big for now. He's probably right.. we can always expand in time as the buns get bigger. We're pretty well ready for the buns to come home except we have to add a shelf. We're all so excited and just can't wait!

Right now I'm spending some time reading through previous posts and may post some questions as they arise...

Audrey

Upload pictures when you get them! I love looking at Holland pictures. Stick around, you'll learn a ton of great information by reading the forums!

Thanks for the welcome!

Here's link to the breeder that we're purchasing from. Our 2 bucks are somewhere in the mass of bodies from the March 27th litter. I'm so in love with the 1st picture of a 5 week old broken orange doe.

I'll definitely post pics when I have some!

Awww, so cute!!

I would really encourage you to not pick them up before they are eight weeks old, though, that's the standard. (That's actually the law in some states). You'll find their immune systems will be in much better shape and it will pay off in fewer vet bills over the course of their lives.

I really wish all breeders would implement that standard.

Meanwhile, :hello welcome to RO! Glad you've joined us!

sas :welcome1

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

How old are your girls?

If you have a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Back