Hi :) *sheepish face*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouse_chalk

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been away for quite a while now- unintentionally, but then time just seemed to get further and further away from me, like time does! I have missed everyone and all the bunnies so much though so I'm going to make a big attempt to be around a lot more.

I've been having a couple of personal issues (nothing too major) and a few health issues (but that's not much new for me, lol) and energy, enthusiasm and confidence in general has sort of gotten away from me. I was always a worrier, but I realised that I'd started worrying about things (everything really) far too much. Most of this is completely irrelevant, and I'm rambling as I'm so good at doing so I'll just skip to the part where I've been talking to a couple of lovely people and have begun to realise that there aren't nearly so many things that I should be worrying about, and tell you what else is new with me!

All the bunnies are fine- Mouse has been on a little diet as advised by the vets as she was more than a little chubby- we knew it was getting bad when our nicknames went from saying 'Mouse in the house' to 'Mouse IS the house!' lol.:p She's losing weight steadily and slowly, which the vet says is good. Dotty is, well, Dotty. Absolutely mad as usual, and getting more and more cuddly by the day. I have lots of pictures of them all, so after this I shall get to their blogs and post them ASAP :)

In other animal news, our family dog, Kim, that lived at my parent's house, we had to have put to sleep 2 weeks ago. :( He was 15, and was so sick, and he had kept on going for a long time, but he went downhill all of a sudden, and there was nothing the vets could do for him so me and my mum made the decision to not let him suffer anymore. It was such a tough thing to do, and we miss him so much, but at the same time we are glad he's not in pain anymore.

Aside from all that, things are pretty much normal- I've been sick with a cold, cough and now a lenghty sinus infection for about 6-8 weeks now, with no sign of improvement, so that all sounds about normal. Steve is working around the clock as usual, so no change there! We're hoping to finally have our honeymoon at the end of April-ish, and we can't wait to get away and relax for a bit.

I can't imagine everything I've missed around here- I don't even know where to begin catching up. I'm looking forward to it though :)

I'll end this very lengthy post with a picture of how I found Dotty lying on our bed the other morning:

IMG_1409.jpg

Ah! Jen! It's so good to hear from you! :) I sure hope everything is ok.

Dotty is too cute!

Hey Jen long time no see.

I am so glad your back been missing those picture of Dotty and the crew.

Hope your feeling better soon me and hubby finally tied the knot in Feb.

Thanks so much for the welcome back guys! I'd been a bit scared (for no apparent reason) of posting again so it's really reassuring to see some friendly faces again!

Congratulations on your wedding, Kat! :D

Patti, Dotty would have you believe that she IS an abused rabbit. Can you believe that she only gets fed large and varied salads TWICE a day, that on average, she only gets to cuddle with me for 3 HOURS a day, that she is free to run about all day as she pleases, and that, and this is the awful part- she only gets a treat ONCE A DAY??!!! Poor, unloved bunny!

I am trying to post the pictures in my blog but my laptop is taking ages to upload them, so it might end up being tomorrow now, but I will post them, I promise!

mouse_chalk wrote:
Patti, Dotty would have you believe that she IS an abused rabbit. Can you believe that she only gets fed large and varied salads TWICE a day, that on average, she only gets to cuddle with me for 3 HOURS a day, that she is free to run about all day as she pleases, and that, and this is the awful part- she only gets a treat ONCE A DAY??!!! Poor, unloved bunny!
Poor Dotty! You should just send her to me so she can get the love that so deserves.

slavetoabunny wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
Poor Dotty! You should just send her to me so she can get the love that so deserves.

i cant believe that im only an hour away from this poor unloved bunny! if only i had known how bad things were for her , i would have driven up with more salad:p

nice to see you back jen - stay positive:hug:

Oh gosh, how bad am I? I make a 'comeback' post, and then I don't post for 2 days! I'm sorry!

Thank you so much for the replies- it really does mean a lot to me, and it's so nice to be back! I didn't realise just how much I'd missed this place until now :hug:

I might not be as 'back' as I want to be for a few days yet- I'm really sick at the moment :( I've had this sinus infection for about 6 weeks or so now, and it's getting worse. I've not slept more than 2 hours a night pretty much all this week, and today the pain got so bad that Steve found me sobbing, clutching my face in agony, with no painkillers offering any relief. I could barely move my head without crying in pain, and my face has all swollen up around my forehead and my cheeks around my eyes, and I was seeing double. He called the emergency doctors who took 3 hours to call me back and wouldn't see me (holiday weekend, they're overrun with people) but prescribed me Tramadol for the pain and some more steroid nose drops, to 'see me through until Tuesday' when I can get to my normal doctor. So needless to say, I'm feeling pretty terrible at the moment! (Although the Tramadol is helping a little bit) So, if I'm not posting much for a few days, it's not because I've gone away again, it's just that.

Oh, and as for the offers to 'rescue' Dotty- I can imagine she'd love to take you all up on the offers- except she'd want love, food and affection from every one, including me, and it still probably wouldn't be enough for her! She is the most affection-hungry animal I have ever met, yet she doesn't care about other rabbits- just humans. She's been so lovely to have around whilst I've been sick- when I wake up in the middle of the night, she hops up on the bed and cuddles up, and licks my face, and then falls asleep next to me. She doesn't even mind if I pick up my phone to pass the time with, whereas she normally tries to throw it away with her teeth lol. Then if I do get a little more sleep towards morning, she sleeps next to me, tooth purring and snoring! This morning she smiled at me too! :D Not quite sure why, I just looked over and she was making that face!

82052674.jpg

I will definitely try to post in my blogs tomorrow if I can, because I have tons of cute pictures that just need to be seen!

Thanks again everyone :)

Tablets may be needed for the pyhsical side of illness, but to keep sanity during periods of ill health, its gotta be bunny support all the way :bunnyhug:.

Hoping you feel much better soon Jen.

Jo xx

Latest posts

Back