hi settiling in

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you should let him smell his cage andmaybe he'll eat some food. Just take it to slow until he gets used tothe new surroundings.

hello barney..... i would bring him home and lethim get used to his new cage. its hard to do but its better for himafter a day fo settling in hell be less stresed out and thatsa good thing!!:pis barney going to be an inside bunny?

sara

does his cage has any hidding box or somewherewhere he can hide? Its very helpful when they feel shy and scared atthe beginning.

goody!!!! that means more fun for him andyou! has anyone told you about the bunnys plot to destroythings in your house yet??? lol well the best way to prevent thatis bunny proof the part of you house the bunny will roam freein especialy WIRES then i would let him out and just let him exploresniffing and geting used to things dont pick him up or even go near himjust sit on the floor and keep an eye on him(this is eaiser to do in aroom where he cant hide under things, more of an open room worksbest) do this for a couple hours a day eventually (up to thebunny) he will come to you this mean that hes may start to trust you,the first couple weeks will be hard but the pay off is an awsumecompanion who will come up to you and youll form a great friendship.this is the way i got my bunny to warm up to me and i believe it to bea less stressful way for the bunny to get used to moving.

hope this helps sara

Also sit by his cage so hecan smell you and get to know you. And also pet him while he is in hiscage, but don't pick him up if he doesn't want to. :)

Back