Hi, kind of new to the world of rabbits.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyinabox

Reaction score
Um, so I'm here cause I hope I can find some type of support with the people here who already have and know about bunnies. And if I sound like a total newb...well sorry, but I am. Research only takes one so far.

Now about my bunny-buddy,(tl;dr at bottom)

I was walking one afternoon when I came across a taped cardboard box on the road that was making scratching noises. I opened the box and inside was a white bunny. I brought the box and rabbit to my car, and showed it to my beau... who later noticed a written note on the side of the box saying;

"Mom, this one doesn't have spots. Take it back, I don't want it."

Since we're dirt poor, we took it to a 'pet store vet' who thankfully agreed not to charge us for looking at him. He said that the bunny was maybe 3 months old, male, and overall in good health. (Also that it was a good thing that we found him since the weather was going to go well below freezing that night.)

We decided that we could take better care of the poor thing than whoever threw it on the side of the road. After some research online we bought some hay, a cage and other supplies, agreeing that we would only name him if he made it for a month.

Within a week, we discovered that he's just a little ball of personality! He loves exploring and getting into trouble, but adorable all the way. We named him Jarl "Meatloaf", originally a name in jest, but it somehow stuck.

So we've been living with Meatloaf who has been with us for about two months now and I think we're doing pretty well, all considered. He has run of a small room when we can't watch him actively, but when we can- loves running around the house.

We're still adjusting, but I know there are some quirks I've still got to work out.

He seems to be pretty well 'potty trained' but we are thinking about getting him neutered soon, hes about that age.

Um, think thats about it. I hope to be able to put up some pictures later, I might have to do it from my ipod though, since my camera seems to startle him. So yeah... I suck at introductions, sorry.

tl;dr- found a bunny in a box, keeping him, nice to meet you

Welcome! That's horrible that somebody would do that. I would punch that kid in their face if I ever met them.

wow. I'm guessing that bunny fell victim to the poster children of bad parenting >.>

kid begs for a bunny... parents cave and get their irresponsible, immature hellspawn a "cute little bunny" to neglect... bunny gets rejected for the asinine reason of "it doesn't have spots"... and instead of teaching their kid to love it anyway because it's a living thing... or failing that, RETURNING IT TO THE STORE... the parents DUMP IT ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD?

screw punching the kid in the face, I'd punch the whole **** family! one or more of them should've known better.

I'm SO glad you rescued that poor little creature before he could freeze to death! :D if you have any questions, ask away - we're always happy to answer :)

@Katielovesleo3 and

@Imbrium

Hi, thank you for the greets! :3

And personally, I'm unsure if the kid should get the blame, or the parent for likely being the one to dump off an animal like that. ...I try not to judge but situations like this make it difficult.

And thanks again, I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions in the future!

oh, the parents definitely get most of the blame. whether it was them or the kid that dumped the bunny, they should've raised their kid better! when in doubt, blame 'em all. at least the bunny's story has a happy ending :)

Oh, so glad you found the little guy, he sure is a lucky bunny and glad that you´re falling in love with him. It does to us all, you just can´t help it, they´re all so adorable.

And yes, there are so many other places they could have taken him to it just makes my blood boil to think they would just dump him to die in a box in the freezing cold. Won´t tell you what I feel like doing to them :zoro:

Thanks for rescuing him, he sounds like an adorable rabbit is that a picture of him in your avatar?

I can't believe someone would put a rabbit in a box and leave it on the road. Thankfully you saved the rabbit and that's all that matters.

And yes, you should get him neutered soon. Also ask all the questions you want we will be happy to answer them.

Goodness, how slow am I today, just noticed the photo in the avatar...he´s gorgeous, looks like a himalayan, more piccies please :woohoo

I wasnt even thinking! Yep y'all are right the parents should have raised a child better. I just had this picture in my mind of the girl from willy wonka who wanted the squirrels. Brings back much anger lol. But yeah totally forgot about the parents. Ill punch em all.

Oh my. Well, um thank you all again! I'll take some piccies tomorrow and post them. Would it be alright to post them on this particular thread? Or does that call for a separate one?

And yes, that is him in my avatar camping out on an old towel we gave him to sleep on. (or shuffle around or whatever he does!)

I'll take some piccies tomorrow and post them. Would it be alright to post them on this particular thread? Or does that call for a separate one?

There's no reason not to post here, but why not start a blog for Meatloaf in the Bunny Blogs section? That way, you can keep adding photos and stories to the blog as time goes on!

And... Welcome to RO!

Okay, well here's one of our first pictures, with Meatloaf sitting on my hunny. Sorry it's so blurry but it was somewhat dark and I have anything but steady hands. I hear albinos are all white, I'm not sure what Meatloaf is..

Okay, after this and a lot of picture taking, I'll learn how to make a bunny blog. :)

Edit- Oops, forgot the picture..

IMG_4368.jpg

He looks gorgeous. Don´t think he´s albino, a lot of the white rabbits have pink eyes, my little Snowy has red eyes as well and he´s gorgeous. With the spot on his nose and his ears, he reminds me of a Himalayan but I´m no expert on breeds. In any case, he´s just adorable and is so lucky to have you.

Welcome to the forum. We've had two bunny "Stew's" so far, so, what's in a name. The original reason for the name was that some comedian remarked that "bunnies make great stew" when we told him we have rabbits. My reply to the moron was" our bunnies are really lazy and won't cook anything". Just saw the pic--Californians and Himi's also have red eyes(the iris is actually white) with some coloring on nose and ears.

What a cutie! When will people realize that animals are not toys and need to be treated with love. I am glad that meatloaf is now in a loving safe home. That little brat and his parents should not own any animals.

Latest posts

Back