Hi! I'm new here! And have a beautiul bunny who lives in the house and sleeps on my bed!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcometo Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Hopefuly, your bunny will never get sick,if you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Awwww...too cute! If my bunny slept in my bed, I would accidentally kick her off! (I'm a kicking and turning sleeper) I don't think I'd want her sleeping in my bed either..she's peed on me five different times!! Anyway I am totally with you because my friends hear about bunnies from me every day! They are pretty sick of it! (but who can be tired of a precious bun bun?!?)

He's so cute!!! I love the yawning picture. Welcome aboard!! I know I drive my family nuts with all my bunny talk. I swear my mother naps when I start talking about my buns. LOL

Thanks Rabbit Dad for the welcome and all the great links! :biggrin:

Huxley is too cute! It's cute how he has been changing colour. He started off with ginger patches all over him and as we're in winter now, he's getting darker brown everyday!

I just found a little scared pet bunny last week in the tiny park next to Central station in Sydney. (if you're not from Oz, just think the most bustling part of a big city of five million plus people with peak hour traffic, trains, trams, cars, people rushing to and fro work.. Not a place for a little scared bunny! )

She was scared and bounding up to people. It took me over an hour to catch her in the dark and she kept running out of the tiny park onto the road. I had to dash through bushes, get bitten by spiders, slowly creep up on her in slow motion and finally got her!

I rang the rescue centre where I got my little Huxley but they told me they were overrun with buns at the moment and if I took her to the pound or a vet she would euthanized straight away. So I got the flea treatment for her and she is in quarantine in the laundry at the moment for two weeks to make sure she doesn't have myxo and give it to Huxley.
The vet said, considering where I found her it was 99.99% chance she was dumped by someone! It is so horrible that someone would do that!

She is very placid and gentle and sweet. With two front white paws, a gingery coat with a grey tail, ears and nose with a little white triangle on it. The poor thing would have died if I left her there. She has a huge appetite and eats so much so that's a good sign, and she looks very healthy so far! So only another week to go and she will have passed quarantine!
I have to make sure I wash my hands or wear different clothes after I see her so in case she does have Mxyo I won't spread it to my little Huxley.

Here's some pics of the little girl... She's about the same size as Huxley now, but I think she will grow much bigger judging by the size of her cute big ears!

17192_200319_160000000.jpg

17192_200322_180000000.jpg

17192_200323_460000000.jpg
17192_200325_090000000.jpg

As you can see, she is quite beautiful.
I'm not sure if I will keep her or try and find her a home. But at this point, I'm just happy she's not lost in the city dodging traffic and trams. :(

If once her quaratine period is over, Huxley hates her and they don't get along I will look at rehoming her..

:)Beth

hayhaylizw wrote:
Awhttp://www...too cute! If my bunny slept in my bed, I would accidentally kick her off! (I'm a kicking and turning sleeper) I don't think I'd want her sleeping in my bed either..she's peed on me five different times!! Anyway I am totally with you because my friends hear about bunnies from me every day! They are pretty sick of it! (but who can be tired of a precious bun bun?!?)
Hey wow, Huxley has never ever peed on me. And it only took me a few days to litter tray train him once I had him.
I had a bunny years ago when I was a teenager and I remember sometimes she'd do little poos on our beds. But Huxley has never done that. He's pretty high spirited and naughty in other ways, but he only licks the blankets and settles down next to me for pats at bedtime! :)

Awww.. Is your bun desexed/neutered?

I just put the litter tray tray in the corner of the room that Huxley had chosen to poop in. Everytime he used it I gave him lots of praise and a little yummy treat. He got the message pretty quickly! :)

That is such a cute rabbit! So he doesn't have a cage? Ours doesn't, either! Bunny sleeps under our bed most of the time and hops on the couch with us, but I think that's just because our bed is too high. :)

No, Bubbles isn't neutered quite yet. She didn't like the boxes i set out for so she would knock them over!! So I went out of town for a while (my grandmother kept her) and when i came back Bubbles had pooped and peed in the two clumps of hay that my grandmother put in the corners of her hutch! so then the next day i saw her getting ready to eat the dirty hay so i have recently just been putting hay in her food bowl (additional to the hay in the corners) so she won't eat the dirty hay..blech. At first when i put hay all over the floor of the hutch she just pooped and peed where she pleased in the hay. So i have figured out that the hays the key...

Latest posts

Back