Hi! I have a mini lop, but I’m not sure what color/pattern she is. I’m thinking Vienna marked, broken blue?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m new to owning bunnies. But I love her pattern/color she was the only one in her litter without orange. So I picked her. For the future I would like to pair her with another bunny that’s similar to her coloring because I think it’s absolutely gorgeous!

Her color is vienna marked torted magpie

That's not a color within the breed standard. I don't recommend breeding just to get fun coloring unless you have an outlet for all those rabbits, the pet market is already very oversaturated.

Her color is vienna marked torted magpie

That's not a color within the breed standard. I don't recommend breeding just to get fun coloring unless you have an outlet for all those rabbits, the pet market is already very oversaturated.
Definitely not going to breed her I meant like bond/pair lol

Agree about the color looking lovely! Are Mini Lop’s the most popular bunny breed? You see them a lot in social media

Agree about the color looking lovely! Are Mini Lop’s the most popular bunny breed? You see them a lot on social media

I believe Holland Lops are the most popular breed of rabbit then Mini Lop is the second :)

I believe Holland Lops are the most popular breed of rabbit then Mini Lop is the second :)
Far from it. Mini lops are actually fairly uncommon. The large, large majority of "mini lops" that people have in the US & Canada are really holland lops that they mid-identified (its a lop? its mini? It must be a mini lop /s). Mini lops are about 6 and a half pounds. Hollands are 3-4 lbs. Actual mini lops are fairly uncommon outside of the show world in the US; though in europe and australia, they have a different breed called mini lop, which is more popular and looks like our holland lops. The most popular rabbit breeds as pets are Holland Lop, Netherland Dwarf and Mini Rex.

I thought Mini Lops we're descended from German Lops and Hollands we're descended from French Lops? Correct me if I'm wrong though

Latest posts

Back