hi i am new here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
welcome, welcome, welcome! have also have 3 guinea pigs and 1 rabbit. guinea pigs were my first obsession and since i have also gotten into bunnies. i look foward to seeing more pictures of all of them :) ~jess, gabby(thebunny), buddah, skeeter and raisin (the piggies)

p.s. if you hear of any sites like this for piggies PLEASE let me know. everyonehere isSO helpful andit is so much fun seeing all the pictures! i can't find anything even close to this for piggies :(

Hi Emma

Firstly you are being a really good bunny mum...you are trying to find out information and you are looking after your little critters really well.
It can be a daunting task when you find out that there is so much to find out! But you are in the right place and friendly advice is just a mouse click away.

Pet stores really receive very little from the sale of the small animals and are interested of course in selling the pet. They seldom give advice following the sale and VERY often have no idea about sexing bunnies.
A pet shop is not a good place to get your pet, however you have rescued a lovely little lion head cross and he/she is very lucky (literally! lol) to be with you.

By now I suppose you have seperated the two buns. If Benjamin manages to impregnate your little Lucky there could be serious problems as Benjamin is literally twice the size and this could make a very hard journey for Lucky.

If they are boys then of course they MUST be neutered, BOTH of them as their hormones could easily go from sweet and cuddly to testicle ripping off action, and I am not kidding here. Bunnies can seriously harm each other when territory is being fought over.

You will need another cage for Lucky.
Just carry on giving them good food, as much attention as you can and you will be fine for now.

I will try find out the costs of neutering your boys for you and get back to you.
Just ring around the vets too (rabbit savvy ones) and see what they have to say.
Here are some links that may help:

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11506&forum_id=1

Hi Emma,

Welcome to the forum!

Benjamin looks like an English Spot to me. He doesn't look large enough

at his age to be a Checkered Giant. English Spots are one of my favorite

breeds.

Like everyone else said I would separate them until they are neutered. It

all depends on the rabbit when their testicles drop. I raise a small breed and

they usually are dropped by his agealthough some take up to 5 months.

I would also wean them onto a good qualtiy pellet and hay as their primary

diet.

Good Luck with your new buns!

Roger

Latest posts

Back