Hi.. havent been on in a really long time...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bat42072

Reaction score
its been a long hard last 2 years... first of all My husband had quadruple bypass surgery, then my grandson was born 10 weeks early and nearly died several times at 4 months he had to have a trachistomy. he is now 1 years old and doing great. then 1 week after he was born my sister and 3 of her coworkers where on their way back to work from lunch when a drunk driver hit them head on, killed 2 in the front , my sister was presumed dead for 20 something minutes (she was hanging out the windsheild.. nurses and paramedics checked her for vitals and got nothing. state trooper heard her start moaning- she was a passenger in the back seat) the other back seat passenger was under the drivers seat with a broke back. one year later my sister had to have bone grafts on her arm and leg. they both didnt heal. she had to many injuries to list. its a miracle that she survived at all. my dad and step mom are getting divorced. we also had some great things happen. my grand daughter was born sept 1 of this year, my nephew got married, my sister and grandson are here so we celebrate their being with us.

I still have Tiffany and Ashes. we rescued two bunnies someone let go... the male was attacked by a dog . but is doing great. 2 days after we rescued them the female gave birth to 8 little fat babie. she is being a great mom.. I hope everyone has had a great year.

You sound like you have had a year no one wants to repeat. But you are still able to count your blessing. Way to go. Glad that you made it through and are back. How is your sister doing mentally and are you all in some sort of support group?? I must say I totally admire you and your family.

hank you. no we are not in a suport group. but we have a very large family that suports each other . she has some anger. her best friend was killed and her boss. they took there boss out to lunch for bosses day. the drunk driver never got out of jail. he only has to serve 25 years. which makes us angry. my sister has a life sentence of pain. she was only 5 ft tall and is now several inches shorter. she had a concusion, 2 broke femurs, broke both bones in her arm. back injury, lacerated liver, her heart was shifted, and a lacerated splean. and had to have multiple blood transfusions. even during her last surgery was suposed to last 3 hours it ended up being 7 they had to have blood flown in during the surgery because the blood she was given wasnt an exact match and something about antibodies attacking her blood cells... she has a better outlook after this last surgey. she went to the doctor today and got her staples out and went shopping for the first time in a month. she told me she has a new arm and leg. my sister does have some anger do to the fact that he killed 2 people and she and the other survivor hurt every day and all he ended up with was a scratch and he gets to live pain free... My sister is my hero. I am not sure i could have survived or even want to after what she has went thru this last year. I went and saw her the day after the acciden(my grandson was only 1 week old) she could remeber the accident but she remebered my grandson and kept asking me why I was there and not with Ayden. she kept repeating it(she had short term memory loss) she still doesnt remeber alot of things before the accident

Memory loss is pretty common with any kind of trauma or dramatic event. Some may come back with time. Be glad you don't live in Canada, I have seen drunks that kill innocent people get off with 8-10 years. You would be amazed how people are able to survive if they have a strong reason to live. Give your sister a hug for us, we'll put her on the prayer chain as Becky's sister, if you don't mind.

Nancy McClelland wrote:
:wave: I"m speechless.

:yeahthat: I am at work reading this, and I so wish I could just cry for you and your family. I hate it when the bad outweighs the good.

:hug: Sending tons of healing hugs to you and your family.

thank you.we are all positive that this next year will be great. my sister is already feeling like her old self. grandson goes back to his ent doctor at the end of the mpnth to find out when his next procedure is. then we will know more on his status of when his trach might be removed. all in all things could have been worse, we are really lucky and blessed in so many ways. also my dad is now divorced and has a new girlfriend, his friends daughter. his divorce was over yesterday . so he has been seeing her for awhile

Latest posts

Back