Hi from Tasmania, Aus.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks chrisdoc, I will be sure to try him on all you have mentioned. He does like parsley and am looking into a plantar box to grow some of the others you mentioned. I must confess though, I'm better at looking after animals than I am at gardening, green thumbs I don't have:rofl: !

My main concern I have is the Hay, I can't seem to find any clean hay other than the stuff from the pet store they class as 'bedding' Oh well, I 'll keep researching.

cheers shooni

Herbs are easy. I just have them in pots and water them and they just kinda do their things :p The only one that I had trouble with is coriander, but that's because it dies after flowering, so you have to cut the flowers off to stop it dying back I think.

Thanks Azerane, I will give it a go.
Wilbur had his vacc yesterday, well did he sulk for the rest of the day! No mad moment in the evening,didn't eat much he wasn't a happy boy. So glad he back to his normal self this morning :sunshine: If this is what he is like with the vacc,I hate to think what he'll be like when he has his desex op.? :dunno: could be a rough few days!
Vet did tell me I need to change his pellet to a young rabbit one and give him all he can eat Lucerne hay,so I off to source what I need (wish me luck)

cheers shooni

Hi All, just thought I'd post how 'Wilbur Wabbit' was going after his vacc sulk (Lol). Last night he was sooo affectionate I had to keep checking he was my bunny, he was giving me tickle kisses on the nose (seemed to be very obsessed with my nose!) and kept nudging my hand to rub the top of his head and between his ears????:ponder: I know I've only had him 4wks and they take some time to trust you but this was like 'BANG' I'm yours pat me woman! He was very assertive Hmmmm.

Is this the start of hormones? He stole a pair of trousers and dragged them behind his hidey tunnel and lays on them?? He tries to (it looks like) lick the cat, Someone please tell me this is normal,or have I got an unusual Wilbur Wabbit?

He growing big now, does their fur get 'ratty' as they get older? Like loose the soft baby fur as they get older,he molting pretty good I thought maybe his adult fur coming through was making him look a bit ratty and dishevelled?

cheers shooni (extreme novice bunny person:imstupid)

Hi Shooni and Wilber ..Welcome to RO...Lots of knowledgeable people on here if you need help or advice you came to the right forum.

love the pics :hearts

Last edited:
Sounds like he's bonding to you, that it adorable! He sounds like such a cutie! I believe rabbits do shed their baby coat, or at least I assume they do as my buns have a different coat from when they were babies. If he likes being petted so much I'm sure he wouldn't object to being brushed too haha :p

All the best,
Selina.
:brownbunny

Bunnies can slow down a little bit after they get vaccinated, Bandit was sulky for the rest of the day after his recent one. Most of the time it is just a half day slow down, then they're back to normal.

Haha, that's adorable. Bandit went through a very sudden change to being affectionate to. He would never lick me or ask for head rubs, then all of a sudden he licked me to death and always demanded head rubs :p So it sounds like he likes you :) With all the fur shedding you want to be careful that you're brushing him daily. Rabbit's can't vomit like other animals, so the only way they can get rid of fur is for it to come out the other end (because it doesn't digest). So it can quite easily cause blockages for them. Just keep an eye out for a change in poop size/amount and his eating habits. He'll probably be completely fine, but just thought I'd let you know.

Most bunnies do tend to look a little ratty while shedding, and can get some crazy fur patterns. But it will all go away with time. They do stay very soft though, much softer than cats in my opinion :)

My Felix was sulky as heck after his first vaccination. He was antisocial, very still, and almost droopy. After his neutering he was back to his old self quickly, after the anesthetic wore off!

Thanks everyone, I will start training him to brush straight away. It's funny how the affectionate side just kicks in,just switches on silly bunny has a real thing for my nose though:bunnieskiss:roflmao: I'm relieved to hear his coat will stay soft:woohoo
Got a whole month to enjoy this new side to Wilbur Wabbit before desexing him,I hope it won't change him toooo much

Thanks again everyone,

cheers shooni

Latest posts

Back