Hi from NZ

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hakui

Reaction score
Kia ora folks

Our current house bunny is Chaucer, a 4yr golden velveteen Rex. He's a pretty cool member of the household, watching me as I type this with his ears up in that big "what's going on here mum? when are we going to play?" He's a rather stubborn rabbit, determined to have his way, but he'll willingly beg if it'll get him a treat!

Makes me laugh a lot. Even in winter he gets the chair with the sheepskin by the fire; somehow he convinced my husband on this one.

It's not all that common for New Zealanders to keep house rabbits, so most friends think we're nuts. You have to tell people "rabbits are not like guinea pigs, they're your companions and part of the family".

The first of our rabbits to come inside 9years ago was Hester, as a tiny baby who won our hearts totally. Talk about fall in love. She was such a loving little creature, and having to have her put down with cancer last year was .. ,umm... very very hard, for us, and Chaucer of course.

He seemed to get round this by adopting me.

Does anyone else find their rabbit sleeps on their feet?

cheers Hakui

Welcome to RO!

Your Chaucer sounds like quite the character :) I have two house buns as well, one of which is a mini Rex, and they crack me up everyday. Most of my friends and family think it's unusual to have free run litter trained rabbits too. That's why I love RO because we are all rabbit obsessed here :)

Glad you found us! Post pics if you want!

:welcome1
Rabbits are indeed a trip! My Humma gets his greens in a small basket on the floor and sometimes he sits on my feet to eat them. I have to explain to him that I have 2 other bunnies to feed too! What is it about feet?

Pics are welcome here, lol

Haere mai! 'nuther house rabbit owning kiwi here. :) I agree people don't really get it, especially my family! lol. I do beg to differ slightly though, guinea pigs are also good companion pets. ;)

We would like pictures of Chaucer, please. :D

Welcome to RO!!!
Chaucer sounds like a character. I think they all are in their own
It is amazing how they can steal one's heart though, isn't it. Bunnies are so wonderful.

Latest posts

Back