Hi from Michigan

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, worked this time. Gotta make a note saying, do not try to post at 1am!

Ok, so HI! My name is Kathleen and I have two Jersey Woolies. They are brothers but very different. They were born in September 2008, first week.

Fuzzy - just like mommy, white, small, cottony fur. Very cuddly and loving. Loves to be carried all over by my daughter and even loves being carried around in a purse. Carpet chewer.

Stewie (named for Tony Stewart) - just like daddy, grey with white, large, wool fur. Loves attention and picked up but not as cuddly as Fuzzy. Once on the floor, he is off and running. He loves to run, thus the name, lol. Electric wire chewer.

They are cage mates and love each other - for now. I have had rabbits for years and have never been able to keep males together. They are young, so I will keep an eye on them as they grow into their teen years. I hope they stay loving towards each other.

We have several other pets: 2 dogs, 1 cat, 2 guinea pigs, 1 gecko, 1 iguana --- soon to get a bearded dragon.

Welcome to the forum! I'm just across the lake. Got any pictures of your crew? I love having a zoo.:D

I highly recommend neutering the boys. The reduction in hormones will make it a lot more likely that they won't fight, plus it prevents spraying and such. If their testicles have dropped, they're old enough to be done.

I will check on getting them neutered. I have to scope out a new vet. My tried-n-true vet moved out of state. I got another for the dogs and cat for shots and whatnot but I need to get in gear and get a new one for the reptiles and rabbits. I was told which to look into and I will this week or early next week.

I will post pictures tonight. I have to put them in my photobucket.

Your house sounds like mine, busy all the time.

We have 3 dogs, 2 cats and 20 or so bunnies! I can't remember how many bunnies and I think that is my defense mechanism. Plus if my husband really knew how many we had, he would probably put up a pretty big stink! :)

Ok silly question. How do I know if the balls have dropped. I have had boy bunnies but never let them near other bunnies so I never thought about fixing.

These guys are so bonded that I would love to perserve that, so I will get them fixed. I just don't know when. Also, I can only afford one at a time. Should I house them separate when I get one fixed and not the other or can they stay together (once healed of course) until I can get them both done. Now if doc will give me a discount on getting two done at once, I of course will go for that!

Well, here's an example!:biggrin2:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=43160&forum_id=16

Some buns will suck the whole thing up when they're scared, skin and all. But usually they're pretty visible when you flip the bun over.

IMO keep them together when they get neutered. Separating them might break their bond. It would be best for them to get done at the same time. I did this with a feisty older pair of sisters I had. They took care of each other while recovering, so sweet.

:wave2Hello from another Michigander!

At nearly $100 each for fixing them, I cannot afford both at the same time without waiting too long. I can only afford doing one one month and the other the following month. I wish the vet would do two for the price of one.

And hellooooooooo Swanlake.

Hi from another Michigander!

Maybe check out the rabbit savvy vet section in the library section of this forum to shop around to see if you can find a better price. I got mine done for less a couple of years ago (but of course that vet is no longer doing them).

Welcome to the forum! We love pictures (hint);)

Let me be the first Hoosier to welcome you to the forum.:) I look forward to seeing pictures of your bunny's. I have sixteen spoiledrabbits, 1 smart dog, 1 dumb dog and 2 cats.

kmc5 wrote:
At nearly $100 each for fixing them, I cannot afford both at the same time without waiting too long. I can only afford doing one one month and the other the following month. I wish the vet would do two for the price of one.

And hellooooooooo Swanlake.

I have a list of vets that we use for the shelter. You should really call around because it might be worth driving a little farther in order to get a better price. Then you could possibly get them done together and not have to go through the worries.

Let me figure out how to post this and i will.

Laura

Here we go:

Kent Beebe DVM, 2265 Columbia Ave., Battle Creek, MI 49017 (269) 963,1581

WestArbor Animal Hospital, 6011 Jackson Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48103 (734) 769-5391

Salem Vetrinary Services, 9629 Six Mile Road, Northville, MI 48168 (248) 348-5075

Maybe one of these places can offer better pricing. Also, have you thought about calling your local humane society to see if they would do it also? They might?

Good luck to you!

The one in Ann Arbor could be easy enough, we go there every so often. I never thought of the humane society. I will call around. I will have about $120 by the third week of Feb. Hopefully I can get them done together.

You know the saying -- misery loves company -- lol

bunnies.jpg

Stewie and Fuzzy

pets3.jpg

Nataku the ig, guinea pigs that have crossed the rainbow bridge - Hamster and Pudgy

pets6.jpg

Meow the cat and Nataku - best friends hanging out.

030.jpg

Geico the gecko

pets11.jpg

Nap time - Nataku and Meow

rats8.jpg

Rat's Christmas Picture - Frankie, Dean, Sammy and Joey

piggies.jpg

Piggie's Christmas - Patches and Mulan

dogs.jpg

Kody and Sheeba

Ok I think that is all. The bearded dragon will arrive Wednesday morning by FedEx.

Yeah! Pictures! You have a lovely zoo. Love the picture of Geico and cute name! It looks as though they all had a lovely Christmas.:D

The picture of the gecko does make me laugh. I have it enlarged and it has the caption What!

Mulan the brown piggy is very sick and may not be long. She was allowed to breed very early 4-5 months old. Her teeth are out of alignment. She is so skinny. I have to hand feed her. She is almost 4 years old, so I guess its her time after a long life of being sicky.

Welcome to RO, you sure have a large family :D

The pictures are really good, you should think of starting a blog!!

Hope to see you posting around the forum :)

Latest posts

Back