Hi from Edmonton, Alberta!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mintie

Reaction score
Hi! :) I was just planning on using this site as a bunny reference, but after a lot of reading and laughs, I think I might be staying awhile. I never EVER thought of having a bunny as a pet. I've always only had one pet on my mind: PUPPY. But after living in a townhouse that does not allow dogs for 9 years, I've finally given up and tried to look for alternative pets. At the pet store, I always looked the bunnies and while I thought they were totally cute, I only saw them as big rodents. Once I found out that bunnies could be trained and able to roam your house, I knew that they were the right pet for me.

I don't have a bunny yet, but after I do tons of reading on them and get all the equipment I need, I will be off to the Edmonton Humane Society to get my very first bunny!

Welcome to RO! :bunny24

Big kudos for doing research first and trying to go the adoption route. That is awesome! I'm glad you are enjoying RO; it's a great forum for sure. I love your avatar, very adorable. Fun little fact; Rabbits are actually not rodents. This surprised me greatly when I first found it out. They are classified as Lagomorphs and are actually more closely related to horses than small rodents. Pretty cool, right? Anywho, good luck on your bunny search. I hope you find all the information you are looking and feel free to ask any questions.

Welcome to the forum Mintie! :welcome1

So nice you could join us. You can find alot of information here that will save you time and money to get started with your first pet. How did you find the forum?

I did just as what you are doing now. Before I got my first bunny, I researched and followed this forum. Several times I almost got a bunny from the Edmonton Humane Society, but I found one from a Vet who was caring for a sick bunnywhen I was researching the Vet Clinics in my area.

I volunteer at the Shelter, so maybe I can give you a hand.

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting when you get your bunny:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Welcome! This place is great for research. I didn't know much about bunnies before I got my first one but this site gave me lots of info and by the time I adopted my first bun I felt like I had a good idea of how to take care of a rabbit. I actually am looking into adopting from the Edmonton Humane Society very soon here too. Pet_Bunny/Stan has been a great help to me. He actually just took me around to meet the bunnies at the humane society just the other night.

I am sure you will definitely enjoy it here on the forum :)

Hello and welcome..

Good luck on finding your first little bunny love..

Wow! I didn't expect so many friendly (and some local!) hellos! Thanks!

@Happi Bun: I was shocked too when I found out bunnies aren't rodents! But related to horses? That I didn't know, too cool!

@Pet_Bunny: Well I was typing a BUNCH of different questions I had about bunnies into google and I was often brought here. I decided to ditch google and just stick to this site for my bunny info.

@Wabbitdad12: Thanks for the quick walkthrough!

@Kohana: Thanks! I'm definately sure I'll enjoy it! Did any bunnies catch your eye the other night? Are they all the same buns that are posted on the website?

@cheryl: Thanks for the luck! :)

Hey Mintie. I did actually see a few that were very cute :) I very much liked Cinnamon and another bun that isn't available for adoption yet. I think I may be going into the humane society this weekend to make an adoption!! :biggrin:

All the buns that are on the website are the same buns that are available for adoption at the humane society :)

Kohana wrote:
I very much liked Cinnamon
1149_052056_550000000.jpg

Here is a picture I took of Cinnamon on Sunday.

He is so cute!! :inlove: I loved how relaxed he seemed to be when you were holding him Stan. He didn't seem to mind being held at all.

Latest posts

Back