Hi from Australia

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wytche

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I live in country New South Wales Australia not far from Canberra. During the day I work at an alternative health clinic and I'm currently studying my Advance Diploma of Western Herbal Medicine.

Anyway today I bought a mini lop male (he's still at the shop because I don't have a cage for a couple of days). It's my first bunny since I was a kid and certainly my first mini lop. I've decided to name him "Dexta"

When I was a kid my dad bought home a wild albino giant bunny. We nursed him and nurtured him until he was really quite tame. I recall he was actually quite huge lol.

Well Dexta will be a house rabbit and is the only pet I'll have so I'm sure he'll be spoilt. When I went to look for a rabbit there were three males and a female in a separate cage. I read during my bunny research that males are generally better pets for different reasons so I was more focused on those.

Two of the boys were grey and Dexta is a very light beige colour almost white (I'll add pics once he's home and settled in). I was actually keen on the grey because I thought they looked kind of cute and Dexta to me seemed almost "typical bunny". I held the greys (separately of course) but they were both scitterish so I picked up Dexta. He just nestled into my hand, didn't shiver and was quite happy for me to stroke him endlessly so I knew he was the one for me.

I'm looking forward to him getting home and will keep you all posted.

Hi and welcome

It sounds like the bunny you had as a kid might have beena New Zealand white....i just love that breed..they're beautiful big white bunnies :)

Anyway..i'm sure your looking forward to Dexta coming home...i'm looking forward to seeing pictures ;)

Yeah, what time is it there now? :biggrin:

How long do we have to wait for pictures?:weee::clapping::yahoo::party0002:

Susan:lookaround:rollseyes:big wink:

SOOOSKA wrote:
Yeah, what time is it there now?  :biggrin:

How long do we have to wait for pictures?:weee::clapping::yahoo::party0002:

Susan:lookaround:rollseyes:big wink:

It's 7am Wednesday. I'll take some pics tonight.

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Dexta is home now. I'm letting him settle into his new bedroom before I get a photo of him. I think his colour is actually champagne.

My boss wants me to bring him into work tomorrow do you think that would be okay?

Hi Wytche,

Glad to hear Dexta is home. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of him.

I myself think it's too soon to be bringing him to your work place. Is it an office? store? Do you have a small cage that he could be in away from alot of noises and people? You certainly don't want to have a lot of people around him bugging the poor little guy. He's probably so nervous as it is.

Like i said that's my opinion I'm not saying it's right but i'm thinking about the little guy first and formost.

Susan:)

Hi Soooska

I agree. It's a small clinic and the office is quiet. I'd prefer to wait as well until he settles down and is use to me first. I'll probably take him in a week or so.

Pictures!:biggrin2::wave2:laughsmiley::pinkbouce::clapping::yahoo::pinkelepht::party0002::panic::ponder::juggle:bunnyheart:running bunny:bunny18:rabbithop:happyrabbit::bunnybutt::happybunny:

Whiskerz wrote:
Aw, how cute!
Hmm..What is his coloring? I cant tell, I just know its really pretty :)

Well I'm no expert, but I describe it as champagne.

We let him out for a little hop around our living room last night for a few minutes and he's far happier sitting in my lap instead lol

Latest posts

Back