Hi Everyone!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ame

Reaction score
Yesterday I brought home two 9 week old Lop/Rex brothers. I've never had bunnies before so I'm sure I'll have a ton of question. ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1407348768.095140.jpg

Hi and welcome to RO! :welcome1

Cute little guys :) I love your buns helicopter ears.

Just fyi in case you aren't aware, males will start to become hormonal and start humping, usually around 10-12 weeks old. That is usually when they will need to be separated as this hormonal behavior can agitate the other bun and could lead to fights and serious injury. So for another week or two they may be fine together, but at the first sign of humping, chasing, or pulled fur, or 12 weeks old, whichever comes first, you will want to separate. If you plan on neutering and trying to rebond afterwards, it would be good to keep them in cages/enclosures next to each other, so that they can maintain their baby bond, which may help with future bonding attempts(at least 4-6 weeks post neuter).

Thank you so much I had know idea! We are getting them neutered soon they go to the vet Monday. I'll be sure to keep an eye on them and separate them.

Latest posts

Back