Hi Everyone! :D

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaayyse

Reaction score
Hi!! My name's Jason and thought I'd introduce everyone to Lily, who's my little lionhead (cross?). I'm not really sure what her breed is, I was guessing she's a lionhead x netherland dwarf since she's not really that fluffy!

I got her about a month ago, funny story really - I went to this pet store (I actually work at one, so all my pets get spoiled silly! :p) in the hopes to buy myself a snake. So this specific store had their reptiles and rodents in the same room. However, I saw this little blue cage outside and I peeked in and I saw Lily inside with this guinea pig in the POURING RAIN. So I couldn't leave her there clearly and I had to take her home!!

She's a bit skittish and doesn't like being picked up (as I heard most rabbits don't like it anyways) but she's becoming quite accustomed to us and she likes hopping up on my lap now :)

She absolutely LOVES my cat Nugget although he's scared of her and treats her like a ball sometimes - so I'm still trying to get him to get along with her! It's a work in progress :p

So here's just a few pictures for everyone!

img7960n.jpg

img0676x.jpg

img0722if.jpg

img0848on.jpg

img0876z.jpg

Cute! She looks like a purebred to me! Netherlands were actually used in the development of lionheads, so they often bear resemblances. The "lack" of fluff is probably just her age, and she's probably genetically a "single mane"--nothing wrong with that at all.

Enjoy your new bun!

It's funny your cat is afraid of her. But definitely better than Nugget thinking "lunch!" (my cats are hunters, so I have to watch my buns around them).

Yeah! Nugget is so scared of her it's silly :p the first day I brought her home I had her in a fish tank while I went out to buy a cage and he clearly thought he was a rabbit too!

img0589dj.jpg

and he thought she was a toy at first!

img0572jk.jpg

Hi Lily is adorable. She looks very young she's so small.

If I were you i'd ditch those pellets. She should be on Alfalpa (sp?) pellerts and hay for a few months. Also is that cedar bedding that's no good for bunnies either.

Are you trying to litter train Lily? Rabbits are pretty easily litter trained (well som e are:biggrin:)

Looking forward to more pictures.

What happened to the Guinea Pig thatwas with Lily?

Susan

SOOOSKA wrote:
Hi Lily is adorable. She looks very young she's so small.

If I were you i'd ditch those pellets. She should be on Alfalpa (sp?) pellerts and hay for a few months. Also is that cedar bedding that's no good for bunnies either.

Are you trying to litter train Lily? Rabbits are pretty easily litter trained (well som e are:biggrin:)

Looking forward to more pictures.

What happened to the Guinea Pig thatwas with Lily?

Susan
Ooh thanks for the advice!! Do you know of a good brand of alfalfa pellets? & what do most people use for bedding? I heard that corncob or something was alright but it looked like cornmeal to me so I didn't really want to use it :S

& Yeah! I'm going out this week to get her a little litter pan to see if I can train her :) she's really good already because she won't pee/poo outside her cage until I let her back in!

& My friend bought the guinea pig since he already had one at home, he thought he could introduce them to each other :D

I would suggest leaving the plastic bottom plain while litter training. This makes it easier to clean up accidents until the good habits are established. Then you can give them a soft bed, I use fleese.

The corncob is more litter. I prefer the wood stove pellets because they do a really good job at controlling odor. If you have a rubbermaid box the right size that can work well too, it doesn't have to be a formal "litterbox".

I'm not sure about the right pellets since I have only had adult bunns. I love the oxbow timothy pellets once they are adults. :)

Welcome to the forum Jason.:wave:

Lily looks just like the two fosters that I am taking care of. Mine may be alittle younger and smaller than Lily.

Hillrise is right about Lionheads, and genetics play a large part how they appear. Do you know for sure Lily is a girl?

Soooska is right about the alfalfa pellets. Give her unlimited alfalfa pellets and hay. I also give my two unlimited oats because mine were so small and had no mother when they were dropped off at the Humane Society.
Try using Carefresh for litter to start off. It doesn't stick to the bunnies fur. Later you might want to try using wood pellets for your litter box.

Ooh alright! I told my coworker to save me a bag of carefresh for me to pick up :)

Right now she has unlimited amounts of timothy hay and tons of alfalfa for her to munch on!

Hope I can get her litter trained soon! :D

SOOOSKA wrote:
OMG I LOVE your avitar :big kiss::heartbeat:. How did you do that?

If you can get the Oxbow pellets they seem to be the best. I know quite a few people on RO use Martins (i think that's how you spell it).

bagRabbit.jpg

http://www.martinmills.com/smallPetsIndex.asp

Susan:):
I took a video off my iPhone and converted it into an avatar on photoshop :p

& thanks for the advice on the food! I shall spend tomorrow digging around Vancouver for some!

Do you have Global Pets stores in BC? I get alot of my product from them. They will actually order Oxbow product for me. I like them because they are a Canadian store which are owned privately.

Happy Shopping.

Susan:)

Ohhh what an adorable little fluff ball! Yeah my rabbit adores my cats. The cats are less then thrilled. I can understand why. Harvey likes to bite them and circle them and now spray them -_- He's getting fixed hopefully soon haha.

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Very cute bunny.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back